Author Topic: Good day. Happy to be here  (Read 1346 times)

Gizmoman

Good day. Happy to be here
« on: April 17, 2020, 07:49:33 AM »
Good day friends
Ran across this looking into
planning for worst
Hoping for best
I’m in Savannah
I am. Professional Chef
Hoping to meet folks in and around
here so I can learn properly
Have aged arsenal,ammo,food 2 plus weeks
BOB Medical bag
Solar power etc

Thank you for having me
I truly want to learn

Chef

florida44

Re: Good day. Happy to be here
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 08:04:33 AM »
Welcome. You came to the right place. Not sure how many we have that are in your area but the resources available here will be invaluable as well as the friendships to be made.

There are some how to get started materials here but they were relocated from another site so not sure where they are now but I am sure someone will chime in for you.
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

Starlady

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 10:17:37 AM »
Welcome from the great Northwest!

Use the search feature at the top right side for subjects you are interested in.  And feel free to ask questions.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

tlwagg

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 10:19:13 AM »
Welcome from North Fulton.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 11:01:52 AM »
Welcome from region 8.

Abigayle

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 11:40:16 AM »
Welcome from Spalding Co. (Up North). We have friends in Savanah, maybe you know them (Kidding). We used to live in Beaufort and so did they.
I have learned a lot on this site.  Everyone is eager to help.  Be sure and look through all the old posts, as many of your questions will have already been answered.  There are more than one way of doing things, many are right, just different approaches.  Good for you for taking the first steps and welcome!  Abigayle & Thor
Ariel

BennyMG1

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 02:14:42 PM »
Welcome from the southern section of middle Georgia. Lots of great people here and the cumulative knowledge is awesome. We all have something to contribute. Speaking of which...with you being a chef, what spices would you suggest keeping for a SHTF situation? Ones that keep well.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

ChristianJ

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 05:14:41 PM »
Welcome from SE TN.
Christian pastor & theologian

joebob

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2020, 06:40:07 PM »
Welcome

Rockhopper

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2020, 11:11:18 PM »
Welcome from the metro area

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2020, 12:00:52 PM »
Welcome. this forum is always ready to answer questions and give honest thoughts to a beginner or anyone on the path to self-sufficiency. A lot of us have know each other over 10 years and this is a safe place to be. I am known as the 'Grandma' of the group, ha ha.
The best way to start is when you buy one of anything you regularly use...buy two and put one in your emergency pantry closet. If you catch it on sale, buy 4-6. For me, every time I open a package of something...I buy two to replace the one I opened.
Feel free to ask for help anytime.
Ravenwod

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal