Author Topic: So what's coming next?  (Read 1039 times)

ProGeek

So what's coming next?
« on: April 29, 2020, 12:29:20 PM »
Now that the virus numbers are leveled off or dropping, what will we face now? Food producers are in the news plowing crops under, dumping milk, "depopulating" livestock. This could bankrupt many farmers. Many states are resistant to opening businesses. People are protesting. Oil prices are in the toilet. Some employers are trying to get people to come back and they say no because they are getting the $600/week unemployment bonus and making more than if they work. It looks like it will be a rocky road to the reboot.

What comes of all of this? I'm sure we will start to see more bankruptcies and debt defaults world wide. How will the markets react to the bad 1st qtr reports, baked in already? Maybe food shortages are coming? I see inflation already. Gold is on the rise. Will this end up toppling some governments? China is in full denial mode, will they be held accountable? What will they do if we cancel the bonds they are holding? What will the EU do? What will be the effect of the trillions of dollars of debt we just incurred? So many questions and no answers.

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

tlwagg

Re: So what's coming next?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 02:01:09 PM »
I say whatever we the world owes China they should call it even. China cause all of this! My brother-in-law is moving money to Swiss Franc's I think hubby will too. Brother-in-law is a finance wiz.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 06:44:11 PM »
Just what we need now is coming Friday ?

Workers from major companies including Amazon, FedEx, Walmart, and others are planning to walk out on Friday over a lack of health and safety standards. They’re also demanding hazard pay for having to work during the coronavirus lockdown.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/amazon-fedex-walmart-workers-plan-to-walk-out-on-friday-demanding-hazard-pay-better-working-conditions?utm_source=whatfinger
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 05:48:46 AM by RWS »

joebob

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 08:46:51 PM »
I didn't think people can refuse to go back to work and keep getting unemployment.  I think if the job calls you back you cannot refuse just so you can keep drawing unemployment. I don't know how the law was written but staying home just because you want to keep drawing the $600 a week does not like a good plan.

Gunner

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 01:23:59 AM »
I agree with joebob… if your company calls you back and you don't go, you should not be able to get money from the govt anymore.  there has to be a better system than just giving out "free" money indefinitely.  Sadly, as an "essential" employee, I don't get that option.... still working full weeks... and feeling a bit unliked about all that we have to put up with right now.   What is scaring me, is that we may have to face this monster again in the fall when cold and flu season comes back around... I don't want to do this twice!
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

tlwagg

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 08:59:37 AM »
My son started back Monday he took a furlough because one of the guys he worked with girlfriend's roommate had coronavirus. He probably already had it as he got sick in mid February.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal