Author Topic: Roll Call May 30, 2020  (Read 234 times)

Ravenwood1950

• Bugged Out
    • http://www.arrl.org/ares
Roll Call May 30, 2020
« on: May 31, 2020, 06:11:41 PM »
Check in with us and let us know how things are going. Griffin is having their protest Sunday afternoon, I hope all is quiet.
Ravenwood

tlwagg

Re: Roll Call May 30, 2020
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 06:52:49 PM »
They closed Avalon early last and someone posted that Roswell, Alpharetta, and Milton police used road blocks to turn them around. There is more chatter saying it will repeat tonight so they asked everyone to stay home.

I got some turmeric from a neighbor and got that in the ground. I've also been working on some bikes, getting them cleaned up and oil in all the right places.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 08:04:12 PM by tlwagg »
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

elandil

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 08:50:34 PM »
Bartow and Floyd counties had peaceful protests yesterday, no issues.

Having a painful weekend, so taking things easy.
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

upacreek

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 09:46:52 AM »
I put a down payment on a home designer this week!  Now I need to hurry up and get the land cleared. Iím dealing with my 3rd round of poison ivy for the year. This one is much less severe. I built a shooting bench with an engineering friend. Everyoneís great-great grandkids should be able to use it. Tall people can too. Itís a bit high and weighs a ton. My garden is going great. Weeds are too. Time to get moving. Have a safe week.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Abigayle

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 05:53:01 PM »
Too many irons in the fire.  Like everyone, we were sickened by what we have seen on TV, and stay up later than usual, to keep an eye on things.  We are thirty-five miles from Atlanta.
Our ten ducklings are now a week old today.  They are great entertainment, when we take breaks from the gardens.  Blueberries will be ready for muffins this week.  Tomorrow, the egg turner stops in the incubator, and in three more days, we will see how we did with the new rooster.
Eating our second batch of B.L.T.'s this week.  Freezing some peas, planting a few last minute peppers raised in the greenhouse.  We have a nice variety of organic veggies now.  I have one big rabbit we need to nail, who loves to take big bites out of the ripe tomatoes in the raised beds.  I have even covered them when they were close to ripening.
Getting a few neighbors to keep an eye out, kind of an informal neighborhood watch, except we all have "stuff" to help clean up the neighborhood.  Wanted more, but went from one alarm, right into another, so lots of "stuff" has gotten more expensive and hard to find....  Stay safe everyone.

Lilburner

• Webmaster
  • Bugged Out
  • Gen. Class
    • http://www.arrl.org/ares
    • http://www.georgiacarry.org/
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 06:35:18 PM »
Been working on my gun shop for a while and finally got it finished up. I'm happy with the way it turned out, and it's the most organized it's ever going to be, so I made a video walkthrough of it.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

RWS

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 02:29:52 PM »
We cheated death again and lived !
My wife had a Dr. appointment in Macon this morning.  She did not want to go by herself.  I put the get home bags and some food & water in the car.  I got out my CMR30 and loaded both clips before putting it in the trunk.  I felt a little better than just having a small pocket pistol.  The trip was uneventful. 
Of course we stopped at the grocery store on the way home.  Eggs were fully stocked and the one per customer sign was gone.  We found pork ribs for $1.99 lb so we have an additional slab of ribs in the freezer.