Poll

Who is looking to make contacts/meet ups near Birmingham?

Yes
1 (20%)
No
2 (40%)
Concerned of privacy, no
0 (0%)
Concerned of trust of others, don’t know them, no
0 (0%)
Maybe
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 04, 2020, 02:43:56 PM

Author Topic: Join Group  (Read 7911 times)

xXBONESXx

Join Group
« on: June 27, 2020, 02:43:56 PM »
Many people want to make contacts, learn, meet others, share ideas especially in these crazy times. Many are also wary of people as some can be on the fringe or outright nuts. No real way to meet like minded as many have people in their own family they do not trust nor would invite to bugout!  Getting a feel for how many out there are looking.

Starlady

Re: Join Group
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 04:41:08 PM »
There are quite a few but we seem to be either totally off the radar or spread so far apart that meetings are hard to organize.  Both of our states are so long that even meeting in the middle is a 2+ hr drive - one way!

I'm very near the GA/AL line so I'll pop over if you set up something on a day I can make it.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

joebob

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 08:38:17 PM »
Well, now with the uncertainty of Covid 19 still with us, and me being in the high risk group,I don't see me going to anything anytime soon

icequeen

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 10:18:02 AM »
I would love for AL to be as active as the GA people are.

Abigayle

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 01:21:45 PM »
We are 180 miles away.  Right now, we are not going anywhere.... We pick up pre ordered grain and a few groceries that we don't produce here.
Ariel

Seabeepreps

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2023, 11:17:38 PM »
Im in central AL, im interested in joining or forming a group. I have one person ive found near me that is interested as well. I am between birmingham and tuscaloosa. If you want to talk  message me here.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 10:11:01 AM by Seabeepreps »

BennyMG1

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2023, 09:49:54 AM »
A good way to meet people is to come to the campouts.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2023, 12:52:39 PM »
A good way to meet people is to come to the campouts.
Our last campout (Fall 22) there were aprox 25 campers which in an increase.  Seems more people are seeing the signs of the times.  Of course the campouts are in Georgia.  Once you have a meet up, the next step is to organize a weekend campout at a fairly central location.  Practice your off grid living for a weekend.  You should then be in a better position to decide who you would like to associate with or not.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal