Author Topic: SEPN Summer Get together  (Read 4348 times)

Farside

SEPN Summer Get together
« on: June 29, 2020, 04:34:13 PM »
What:
2020 SEPN Summer get Together

When:
July 25 2020
Lunch @ 1PM
Building open at 11AM - closes at 4PM

Where:
Panola Mountain State Park
2620 Highway 155 SW
Stockbridge, GA 30281

GPS Coordinates
N 33.623400 | W -084.172800

Food:
SEPN will be providing a Hamburgers, hotdogs, bums, plates and flatware. If members could bring a dish to pass, or a dessert.

Let us know if your going to make it. Hope to see ya'll there!!!!!

Starlady

Re: SEPN Summer Get together
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 05:05:15 PM »
Farside, PLEASE don't bring any bums!    Thanks.  ;)

I'll be there, bringing devilled eggs.  And I'll get the lettuce, tomato, cheese, onion, relish, ketchup & mustard.

Hope to see a big turnout - I miss y'all!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Abigayle

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 06:51:29 PM »
At this point, Thor and I will do our best to be there.  God willing and the Creek don't rise.  I never knew that this was a reference to the Creek Indians and not water.

Lilburner

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 08:00:17 PM »
Thanks to Farside for continuing to follow up and getting the room!

Sorry - my own personal form of of spotty OCD made me move it out of the for sale category. Hopefully this will bump it to the top.

ETA: Added to header
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 12:42:12 PM »
We are planning on coming.  Don't know yet what food we will be bringing.  That is the wife's department.  I am starting to get up seed to bring for the seed exchange if it is still on.  Going to Panola Mountain State Park takes us right by Scarlet Thread which is a mandatory stop for us.

This looks good ?
https://www.kroger.com/r/4th-of-july-taco-dip-recipe/5ae235b684aeb69277893a99

joebob

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 02:45:46 PM »
I wanted to come to this but I will be celebrating my 31 years of recovery on that day. One of these days I will make it.

Starlady

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 05:42:13 PM »
Congratulations!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

elandil

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 05:24:57 PM »
Gonna put in my request today, see if I get lucky.
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 11:30:58 AM »
I got an idea for the summer get together !  It is always trouble when I think up something, but I don't mind.  I'm used to it.
I could bring a stack of small paper cups and several bottles of tonic water.  Then others bring their favorite fruit juice.  Then we could all taste the various combinations of fruit juice and tonic water to see which one we liked best.  This would be a continuous activity prior to lunch.

Then after lunch we could do the seed exchange as everyone would be there by then.

What think ye ?

tlwagg

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 01:59:52 PM »
We're coming! Who want's aloes? I also have a fennel plant if you still want it Starlady.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Starlady

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2020, 03:23:28 PM »
Yes, Please!   Fennel and as many aloe as you want to get rid of.  I'd like to harvest most of the 2 you gave me a few years ago for my Christmas soap & lotion making.  Finally found their sweet spot in the house, they got huuuuuuge and one is making babies but it's too small to harvest yet.

RWS, I'd like a sweet shrub, too, if you have enough.  You can just bring the blueberries to the lunch, too, if that's more convenient for you.

I have 3 elderberry (and 2 in reserve for bennymg1), 2 rosemary, and a boatload of spear or chocolate mints.   

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2020, 05:04:50 PM »
RWS, I'd like a sweet shrub, too, if you have enough.  You can just bring the blueberries to the lunch, too, if that's more convenient for you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Much more convenient and I had planned to.  I have a sweet shrub potted for Ravenwood1959 and TLWAGG.  I have more out there.  I will dig one up the morning of the 25th for you.  If it lives this time of year, good.  If it dies then I will pot you up one this winter when they are dormant as I had some new ones come up around from where I dug up the other two.

florida44

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2020, 07:11:26 AM »
what is a sweet shrub?
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

8greenbeans

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2020, 03:57:07 PM »
Darn it! I'm scheduled to be picking up my Air Force Grandbeans that day in Virginia. If that changes then I oughtta be there.

USMC Veteran, LEO Mama
Navy MIL, USAF Vet Mama
Army Daughter
8 Beans
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
3 Beans-in-law, 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal