Author Topic: SEPN Summer Get together  (Read 4354 times)

Starlady

Re: SEPN Summer Get together
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2020, 06:55:41 PM »
Keep mine away from the hordes!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Abigayle

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2020, 07:52:32 PM »
RWS, we would be happy to get some blueberries.  I have some in the freezer, but not nearly enough...
Ariel

Lilburner

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2020, 08:00:03 PM »
Coke, Coke Zero, lemonade, Sprite, orange Gatorade and water on ice. Should satisfy most tastes.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2020, 09:56:40 PM »
I will really miss not seeing everyone. :(
But I am fearful of contact with anyone these days and worry that if I got sick there is no one to take over my responsibilities. My heart will be there with you!
Ravenwood

YellowRose

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2020, 08:25:29 AM »
We might be able to make it after all. 

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2020, 08:52:43 AM »
RWS, we would be happy to get some blueberries.  I have some in the freezer, but not nearly enough...
Something to put in a new freezer ??

Abigayle

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2020, 03:15:23 PM »
Yes, we have room now!
Ariel

YellowRose

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2020, 05:48:05 PM »
Yes, we will be able to make it.  Sorry for the late response.  I had a project get re-scheduled at the last minute, and can actually get away for the day!

tlwagg

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2020, 10:29:48 AM »
Dose this building run hot of cold? I'm just wondering if I need pants or shorts.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Starlady

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2020, 07:04:41 PM »
EVERY single time we've met here, google maps/construction/accidents have conspired to make it not just a 90 minute trip.   Today was the winner - took me 3 HOURS!  Construction, an accident and a guy who wanted to jump off a downtown bridge onto I-20.   Took 90 minutes to get home, lol.

But oh, it was so worth it to see the few brave souls who ventured out!  The tlwaggs, Abigayle & Thor (for a minute, but dude, I understand), Mr & Mrs. Hobbit, Farside, our own Jolly Giant, the benevolent and awesomely generous Farmer RWS & Mrs.  Hope I didn't miss anyone......and THEN we were surprised when even Stvr showed up!

The food was just average...…..for US, LOL, which means fantastic and more than plentiful.  Lots of take home for anyone who wanted it.

Aloe & blueberries galore, comfrey seeds (COMFREY!!!!! - been trying to get it going for 3 years), fennel, 3-or was it 4?-kinds of bean and corn seeds, sweet shrub and some other neat stuff of the type Lilburner & Farside usually put out but which I passed by because.. gasp....PLANTS!!!!   and SEEDS!!!  I almost cried from excitement on the way home because I have enough blueberries now to make a bit of jam for winter morning biscuits, or pancakes, or muffins.  Thanks RWS!

We missed so many of you and we got thunderstormed on but it was so nice to seeeeeee people I know again!

Thanks to Farside and Lilburner for getting it all done...as usual!

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Abigayle

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2020, 02:05:36 PM »
I second Star Lady's well written thoughts.  Mr. & Mrs. R.W.S., you're  awesome.!  We have already enjoyed some blueberry, walnut muffins today, thanks to your generosity and hard work Thanks, Liburner, for your organization and work.  Wish we could have visited more and we were so looking forward to it, as we have not had any socialization in some time.  We are grateful for the time we had.  Hopefully, by Christmas, this thing will be behind us, but we just don't know. Great to get to put some faces that were new to me, together with names.  R.W.S. our new freezer is happier today, thanks to you.
Anyone getting the Jimmy Nardello seeds...they are non-hybrid of course and very prolific.  They are sweet, and will store well in thee freezer.  The bugs don't like they much....just a little, which for GA., is a good thing.  You can seed them and throw them on the grill with a little oil and spice,  great side dish...bon apatite.
Ariel

Lilburner

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2020, 02:59:36 PM »
Not much to add but to second Starlady's completeness and to thank everyone who ventured out. It was so good to be amongst friends!

Between my prepper and ham radio friends, I've only seen two local friends in six months - and just briefly and out of necessity.

Fingers crossed for the Fall Campout!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

revckd

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2020, 12:24:50 PM »

Fingers crossed for the Fall Campout!

Me too!
Sorry I could not make this event... :(
revckd
KM4PHQ

Bellatores et Venatores in Christo
A prudent person foresees danger ahead and takes precautions. ~ Proverbs 27:12

tlwagg

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2020, 05:04:28 PM »
It was great to see everyone again. We have a great group and I'm happy we had something worth sharing with everyone. Good friends, good food, a sweet shrub, blueberries, and seeds thank you to everyone that brought such great things to share. I takes so little to make us happy.;D I'm glad we made it, and I hope to see everyone at the fall campout.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal