Author Topic: What's up with coronavirus?  (Read 4558 times)

Lilburner

What's up with coronavirus?
« on: July 02, 2020, 03:09:09 PM »
I'm missing a big piece of the puzzle, apparently.

Every day I see more new cases spiking. More shutdowns. More mask regulations.

You know what I'm not hearing about? People dying. Hospitals being overrun.

I get that increased testing makes the numbers go up, but fine, maybe the numbers are rising organically as well.

Is it weakening? Maybe mutated somehow?

Or am I missing something entirely?
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

Re: What's up with coronavirus?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 04:53:02 PM »
You're not missing anything.

I think it's mostly a function of testing, media hype and yes, some of the re-opening and protests with people just sick to death of the mask Nazis.  The death rates are still going down in most areas.

I think it's time to give up the fearmongering, we can't stay inside for the rest of our lives and it's going to spread no matter what we do.  Precautions, yes, and more than what we're used to with seasonal flu but still, it's going to be a part of our lives forever.

IMO
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Abigayle

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 05:16:54 PM »
aIt would be a shame, if we took all those precautions in Mar/Apr., then let our guards down when it hit the worse part of phase one.  We have been watching San Antonio, and its statistics.  The Dr.s seem to be genuine, in their concerns and reactions.  Atlanta could be next, we opened before the curve was flat, just like they did.
No one is sicker of this thing than we are.  We started early, and stayed in for six weeks at a time, then leaving for supplies, which were brought out to our car, just like we are doing tonight.
Life is short, we can not hide forever.  Will we feel really stupid if we land in the E.R. and take six weeks to recover.....saying that we do recover?  This is a very personal choice and a very personal risk.  That having been said, if we are carless around others who did not sign up for our way (or someone's way) of thinking, how would we feel?  We could probably feel just fine, because we would not know what we had inadvertently done.  With that, Happy Fourth everyone, as we watch our history being destroyed by idiots who don't even read....  And yes, I am in a pissy mood....
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 07:43:17 PM »
States experiencing this surge began reopening two months ago, including Florida, Texas, and Arizona. With a coronavirus incubation period of 5-6 days, according to the World Health Organization, any surge due to reopening should have occurred a week or two after states reopened, not two months later.

Not mentioned are the BLM protests, all within the past month. Mass gatherings in many U.S. cities, without masks or social distancing, everything the basketball player and scarf queen warned against, are far more likely the cause of increasing positive tests.

The CDC director recommended protesters get tested for COVID and likely many did, driving up the case numbers or so-called surge. Most infected young people are asymptomatic, especially teenagers where about 80 percent of those infected show no symptoms.

It’s young people out protesting, not senior citizens. Ignoring distancing and mask recommendations, many get infected, then tested, and voila, we see a surge in cases. Don’t forget the George Floyd funeral in Houston with over 6,300 attendees and over 60,000 marching, without distancing. Could this have contributed to the Texas surge?

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/07/_is_the_covid_surge_more_fake_news.html

Lilburner

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 08:52:07 PM »
The reason I ask is multifold.

Not hearing about people dying. What's happening to them? Are they asymptomatic? Briefly ill? Getting treatment?

Is it in a weak state, and if so, will it come back stronger in the fall?

Because if it's NOT currently fatal, but is going to COME BACK fatal...

I want to take a bath in it.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Abigayle

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 08:59:28 PM »
Lilburner, We know of two healthy people, both almost 80, but very active, that died.  Our son, who is 50 had it, and is functioning o.k., as far as we know.  One young man that lives near us, still has some issues with his lungs and he had it months ago.  He is nineteen.  That is all we know about it, other than what you see on TV.  No one in our church has had it, but it is a small country church.  There are cases in the hospital here, and the majority of the ICU is Covid-19, again, small town.
Ariel

Starlady

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 10:24:34 PM »
Considering that some of the current 'experts' spouting their opinions or best guesses: 1) don't even agree with each other 2) have been wrong from darn near day one 3) have repeatedly changed their minds, their advice and their predictions AND  4) are screwing around with us on the pharmaceuticals, I wouldn't believe any of them no matter what they say they THINK it's going to do!

You can't even find that all front line DOCTORS who are actually living through this have the same  experiences.  It varies greatly within in each state.  Remember, multiple tests on the same person are being reported as new cases in most of the 'surging' states, as they retest you before declaring you 'recovered'.   Plus counting anyone who died of anything but HAD it, as a COVID death. 

Seems to me that all we can do is roll all this (mis)info into a ball and spit on it, then be prepared for ANYTHING.  And use our own best judgements.  Abigayle wants to stay home, I don't.   Nor do I always wear a mask - if there's only 5 of us in a store and distancing is followed, I don't - but I always have one handy.   

I know exactly ONE person who got it, she's in her mid 50's with 3 underlying conditions, never needed hospitalization but was pretty much in bed for 3 weeks.  They have no clue where she got it from as she's been home since February.  Hubs & son work but they never got sick.   She is recovering.   Sounds like what I had in early November....I'm still trying to decide if I want to ask for the antibody test when I see my doc for routine stuff next week.

PS - It was horrible to not be able to hug my long haul driver brother when he came to visit me today.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Abigayle

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 10:38:52 AM »
Star Lady, one correction, as I agree with most of what you are saying.  Not sure that they are counting people twice, you may be right.  I do not want to stay home.  Thor is 79 years old with kidney issues.  I want to keep him around awhile....
Say we got this thing, and it was me in bed for three weeks.  I am pretty healthy, but in my 70's.  Thor could not handle this place by himself.  If our granddaughter is here at the time, that will help, but food would not get put up and other chores could go undone (trust me on this one...). So the risk, exp. during harvest time is too great, just to have lunch with friends, which I would love to do.  Our Thurs night group still meets without us.  I am sick to death of this.  I enjoy people and a good laugh.  We are blessed to have a very nice living environment, with over eleven acres with nice trees and a pond.  If we were in town, I might be saying "just take me now"... Numbers doubled this week, and this is summer!  Going to wait and see, no real choice here...
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2020, 11:02:59 AM »
At first it was the death rate, so stay in.  Then it was flatten the curve so the hospitals will not be over whelmed.   Now it is just stay home to keep safe.  I say your going to get it anyway, might as well get it over with.  What I did was pump up my immune system and take quinine.  Then I went to my Doctor when my check up appointment arrived.  5 days later I did not feel good and took a long nap after lunch.  I did not think anything of it until 5 days later the wife got sick with the classic symptoms.  She would not take any quinine.  She was better in 2 days.  So what I say is prepare, get it over with and go about your business!

Starlady

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2020, 04:00:06 PM »
Not sure how good this guy's info is but this is astounding!  I do know of a study done about 7-8 years ago where people who did the family laundry tested positive for minute particles of fecal matter on their hands, so I tend believe the other referenced studies are true.

And just to get your interest, here's a short quote:
Italian sewage water samples showed it was circulating since December 18, 2019. Spain also did a check and dug it up from March 12, 2019.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/38846883?fbclid=IwAR3zYG_F0ul8ojL-LXDEuKjghC6opjd-_JNuxhv1TXng-kCS1Y58pLWXymc

Abigayle - several states have ADMITTED the duplication when caught and promised to correct it.  This just came out last week!  Whatever your reasoning, you do want to stay home....and I don't condemn you or anyone else for it at all.  Using our best judgement is all we can do.

Lilburner

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2020, 05:34:13 PM »
Interesting take from a doctor on my observations.

Pretty heady stuff. I don't understand it all, but short version seems to be "No. It's not less deadly".

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1278750652160634880.html
~ Daniel Webster

8greenbeans

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2020, 10:43:27 AM »
I'll see if I can locate a semi-recent graph that shows overall deaths from previous Junes and this June. Deaths overall were increased. So, no matter how the covid numbers are padded, one could theoretically subtract the avg deaths for this time frame from this year's time frame to come up with a more realistic covid death count. I'll try to do it today but likely tomorrow when MrBeans is at work.

Unfortunately, it appears MrBean's ex-m-i-l (whom we are close to) is about to succumb to covid. Ex-f-i-l is also in hospital with it but is doing much better since pacemaker put in. He actually came off his ventilator. Five other family members including our pregnant Bean-in-law1 all tested positive after a family-only baby shower... all had varying degrees of severity, ranging from sniffles to developing (true) pneumonia (hospitalized, no vent, discharged, and better now).

However, we suddenly have friends and family alike blowing me up wanting to either buy my thieves salve or wanna know how to make it cause everyone who was exposed at the shower that uses the thieves didn't contract it.

USMC Veteran, LEO Mama
Navy MIL, USAF Vet Mama
Army Daughter
8 Beans
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
3 Beans-in-law, 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

tlwagg

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2020, 11:13:43 AM »
8GB that's great info. I'll tell my nice since my sister has already had this but is still in the nursing home and it's not certain if she'll get it again.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Abigayle

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2020, 02:19:54 PM »
8 Beans "Thieves Salve"?  I make Rosemary Gladstars liquid, it takes a month to set.  Didn't know there was a salve?  Have you shared it on here somewhere?
Glad your family is on the mend or has eluded being captured by the virus all together!

8greenbeans

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2020, 03:24:59 PM »
I just mix thieves oil in a cooled naked salve to make the thieves salve. I had to do something for MrBeans to keep on his desk at work that wasn't messy like the jars of oil we used before I made the salve. Easy peasy.

USMC Veteran, LEO Mama
Navy MIL, USAF Vet Mama
Army Daughter
8 Beans
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
3 Beans-in-law, 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal