Other Topics > News (Non-Political)

Flooding in China could affect supply chain

(1/2) > >>

aces:
Historically record flooding in China along the Yangtze River is reaching catastrophic levels with 200% increase in rainfall.  This could affect the supply chain including food items.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/19/weather/china-flood-ppe-supply-chain/index.html

nj_m715:
they built a dam out of concrete legos and its failing.  wait till that thing breaks

aces:
Correct -my cousin is a nuclear engineer who built a power plant over there for several years in the last decade.  He said their engineering and quality control are never good.  He brought this to my attention.

Starlady:
FFS!  Have we learned NOTHING?

Abigayle:
I don't know much about Ice Age Farmer, this is somewhat knew to me.  I have seen a few of his predictions come to life, of late.  Everyone is right a certain percentage of the time.  He recently predicted that we will have a shortage of canned food due to the shortage of tin cans coming out of China.  With this new development, it certainly cannot help matters, should this be true.  May be a good time to get more, flats, jars, whatever you may need. 
I have great empathy for the innocent people there that were just born in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I am feeling somewhat the same for America right now...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version