Prepping > Medical/First Aid/Health

Pro grade medical tape?

(1/2) > >>

Lilburner:
Whenever I steal tape from a hospital it's SO good - kind of a fiber mesh thing - super strong, great adhesion - easy to tear. All the staff carries rolls in various forms, including popping out the core and carrying it flat.

I've bought SO many kinds of tape and I've never bought that tape. What is it?

I mostly wind up with that white solid tape (Johnson and Johson?)

I got some mesh tape not too long ago and went to use it this weekend ant it tore constantly. I was trying to put it on one hand with the other and couldn't even get about 4" pulled without it breaking. I asked someone with two good hands to help and that wasn't even much better.

What's the pro grade super adhesive mesh tape?

Nemo:
That new black gorilla tape.  Tried the gorilla tape and its actually gorilla strong.  Forget the medical stuff.  Go for strength and stickyness.

Nemo

Lilburner:

--- Quote from: Nemo on September 28, 2015, 09:36:08 PM ---That new black gorilla tape.  Tried the gorilla tape and its actually gorilla strong.  Forget the medical stuff.  Go for strength and stickyness.

Nemo

--- End quote ---

I have the Gorilla Tape and while I agree it's the best duct tape, I do want some medical tape for my kit. Duct tape would be a fine field substitute, but the medical tape is good to have around.

Lilburner:
"3M Transpore"

Read directly off the roll the ER nurse just gave me.

Readily available from Amazon et al.

Nemo:
Buy some here.

Nemo

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Transpore-Tape-10-Box/dp/B000K3HSIO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version