Author Topic: Lifetime warranty socks that repel odor and "don't require washing"  (Read 3496 times)

Lilburner

A tidbit from Prepper Camp. I haven't tried these, but intend to.

From the bugout bag class. According to the presenter, they never develop odor, and "dry almost instantly when hung". She said she doesn't put them through the washer, but just rinses them out in water from time to time.

They're called "Darn Tough Socks". They have a lifetime warranty. They're running a contest now for a "lifetime supply of socks" - 7 pair - one for each day of the week.

I'm certainly intrigued and plan to try them.

https://darntough.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkcXz6ruU7AIVFYzICh22bgVfEAAYASAAEgKcnfD_BwE

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Country Singer

Re: Lifetime warranty socks that repel odor and "don't require washing"
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 09:07:03 PM »
I'm a bit surprised that you've never heard of Darn Tough socks.  I wouldn't go with never washing them, though.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

cope

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 11:15:05 AM »
yeah they are good socks but like country singer said I would not not wash them. Any fabrics you wear will gather dirt, sweat, etc. and needs to be washed. Im not sure why the presenter would think they wouldnt need to be washed. LOL.   I know their website says it repels odors but id like them to smell my socks after a good days work in a field in the summer in georgia. Then tell me they dont smell and dont need to be washed LOL

tlwagg

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 01:05:10 PM »
We love these and have been using them for years. They have a 'unconditional lifetime guarantee'
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Abigayle

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 06:46:20 PM »
Just ordered a pair for each of us.  I was surprised to find that I could return them, postage free, or exchange them, the same way.  What a company!  Thanks for the heads up on what appears to be a great product.  I have never paid this much for socks before, but if they last forever, they may end up being cheaper than Walmart.  Of course, at our age, it is a little like green bananas....
Ariel

Doomsayer

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 02:17:47 PM »
They're really nice. They're expensive but I recently found out that I can get them for a cheaper price. Anyone who wears women's 7 and under can just get the Juniors socks. There's a sizing chart on the product page.

https://darntough.com/collections/juniors

Abigayle

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 04:13:08 PM »
Wish I had known, but I did buy one pair for each of us.  I have only worn them once, since it is so hot, but I liked them, and so did hubby, who wore his one day in his work boots.  I treated myself to some new hiking boots on sale this summer and the socks are stuck inside each boot, ready to go.  Love all the new things one can learn on here?
Ariel

upacreek

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 02:06:58 PM »
They're really nice. They're expensive but I recently found out that I can get them for a cheaper price. Anyone who wears women's 7 and under can just get the Juniors socks. There's a sizing chart on the product page.

https://darntough.com/collections/juniors

Good to know, Doomsayer. I’m on the other end of sizes. I found that if you’re on the top end of sizing, get the next size up. My feet were a bit cramped. Also, Amazon had them cheaper than directly through Darn Tough. You Southerners keep showing me how to keep warm as I lose my New England blood. Thanks. I’d never heard of them either.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal