Author Topic: 2020 SEPN Christmas Party - Dec. 12 - Panola Mtn State Park  (Read 4371 times)

Searchboss

Re: 2020 SEPN Christmas Party - Dec. 12 - Panola Mtn State Park
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2020, 08:55:43 AM »
It was great to see everyone who attended this year. It has been a long time since some of us have had the opportunity to get together in person. There was plenty of great food and drink for everyone and a wide choice of delicious desserts as well. We were fortunate that the weather cooperated with our plans for an outside event.

Thanks to 8greenbeans for an impromptu presentation on homemade herbal preps, simply by picking up a stick near the pavilion and showing everyone what is available around us if you know what to look for and explaining how it can be used.

As always, Lilburner did an outstanding job of planning to make sure that everything necessary for a successful event was available.

Rockhopper

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2020, 11:44:35 AM »
I agree, and also think Lilburner deserves a big round of applause for the efforts he put in. He always does a great job and deserves our appreciation. We could not have done it without him. Thanks again Lilburner!

florida44

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2020, 04:48:06 AM »
Lilburner is the hero of the day for sure!

Glad we were able to come and visit for a few hours and eat some wonderful food!

Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

ProGeek

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2020, 09:54:52 AM »
Had a great time and food. Thanks to Lilburner for all he does.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

Farside

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2020, 03:40:05 PM »
Glade to hear everything went so well. Sorry, I couldn't make it, but The Boss is worry about me getting sick. We have Covid in the family and had to shut down work twice now because of sickness. But so far I'm fine and looking forward to limited Christmas activity. So Christmas to all!!!!

Lilburner

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2020, 03:59:13 PM »
Thanks to everyone who came out!

With Covid, late planning, and weather uncertainty, I was afraid we wouldn't have much of a turnout. But with 13 people, we weren't down that much. Officially, we were over capacity for the shelter. Of course we didn't require any of the cold weather gear, and there were only two or three jackets.

Thanks again to everyone who came. We missed those who couldn't make it. And thanks to Farside for securing the shelter and doing the financial stuff.

Merry Christmas!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Doomsayer

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2020, 05:22:19 PM »
Glad this went well. Wish I could have attended. I thought I could make it at 1 pm but I missed for a dumb, embarrassing reason. I guess I'll share since it was a good lesson when it comes to bugging out though. I lost my cellphone right when I was about to leave. Searched the house and the car. Tried calling it with an online phone service. Gave up when I realized I would be late. The solution randomly hit me later when I was browsing the internet. It was in a pocket of a jacket I had thrown in the back of the car. I think I'll buy wireless RF locators for things like the phone, keys, and wallet.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2020, 06:55:59 PM »
The Christmas Party was the first time I have tried to use the water brick I have.  I quickly realizes that I needed a pour spout.  I got online this morning and found some.  I will be better prepared next time. 
Lilburner got all over me for eating store bought pie when my wife brought 2 home made pies.  What I did not tell him was that if I ate his pie at the party then maybe more of our pies would go back home with me.  Indeed they are good!

ProGeek

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2020, 10:40:47 AM »
Lilburner got all over me for eating store bought pie when my wife brought 2 home made pies.
Pecan is his favorite, store bought to not.  ;D
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal