Author Topic: Shortwave Radio  (Read 999 times)

tlwagg

Shortwave Radio
« on: December 14, 2020, 04:52:26 PM »
Anyone know of a good CHEAP shortwave radio? My nice is looking for one. All this unrest has her worried she won't have a way to get information.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

ProGeek

Re: Shortwave Radio
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 10:46:52 AM »
I assume she is wanting to be able to transmit and not just listen? In that case, it depends on what you mean by cheap? $500 $800? The words good and cheap usually don't go together. If she just wants to listen there are some decent radios for $80-100 new. Sometimes you can find used ones in thrift stores or eBay for half that. Getting an external antenna always helps with reception.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

Country Singer

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 11:48:38 AM »
TecSun PL-800 ($160 on Amazon)
or

CountyComm GP-5  ($90, but the downside to this one is no keypad, tuning is with a scroll wheel)
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

tlwagg

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 11:30:25 AM »
She just wants to listen for now. She's afraid there wont be anyway to get news.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal