Author Topic: Dollar Tree put out their seeds.  (Read 1645 times)

Lilburner

Dollar Tree put out their seeds.
« on: January 04, 2021, 07:09:02 PM »
Stopped by the Dollar Tree in Cornelia today And they have their four for a dollar seed display.

I must have been the first one there because they had everything fully stocked. I got probably 100 packs.

Also had some nice containers and other supplies. Even cultivators and trowels which seemed like a good value for a dollar.

Not sure if all the stores do it at the same time, but something to look for if you're interested.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

tlwagg

Re: Dollar Tree put out their seeds.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 11:22:09 AM »
They put one down the street from us. I'll check while I'm out today. Are they are GMO seeds?
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Starlady

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 07:36:03 PM »
Us peons can't buy GMO seeds (yet, lol), only commercial farmers can.

You need to check each label but IIRC, just about all their stuff is open-pollinated.   Not hybrids.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

tlwagg

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 09:20:11 AM »
I checked my dollar store and no seeds yet but plenty of other gardening things. I'm sure that all the . I'm will be GMO
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 02:35:20 PM »
April 6, 2021
The hunger-relief organization Feeding America estimates that our country will be short eight billion meals in the next four months. Their food banks put out three times the usual this year, due to Covid-19 joblessness and homelessness, totaling over 17 billion pounds of food. On average, at least 10 percent of Americans cannot afford food that contains actual nutrition (organic whole food and non-GMO). Currently, one in every four families are experiencing food ‘insecurity’ during this pandemic, one in six families face hunger crisis periodically, and one in ten American adults (about 18 million) literally don’t have enough food to eat right now.

https://www.dcclothesline.com/2021/04/06/massive-u-s-food-shortage-coming-get-a-backup-supply-ready-right-now/

So this should be a heads up!  If this really happens, what do you think will happen next Spring when you go to plant your garden??  I think all of the garden seeds will be sold out as soon as they hit the shelf.  What should you do.  I would buy twice the seed I need this year and store it up in the freezer for next Spring.  Next think about fertilizer, lime and pesticides.  Happy Prepping!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal