Author Topic: Amazon shutsdown Parler  (Read 1536 times)

ProGeek

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

8greenbeans

Re: Amazon shutsdown Parler
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 01:30:10 PM »
At minimum they will be transferred to new servers in a week. I know someone offered to get them transferred within a day. Not sure which route they are going.

USMC Veteran, LEO Mama
Navy MIL, USAF Vet Mama
Army Daughter
8 Beans
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
3 Beans-in-law, 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

Abigayle

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 09:00:44 AM »
Anyone on this site that still uses GOOGLE for their search engine (and I doubt there are many).  Not to sound pushy, but you better reconsider feeding the monster!  I will try very hard to limit my use of Amazon and I am off Facebook and Twitter.  Over 70 million voted for President Trump.  We can make a difference in commerce if we are strong enough.  Remember what our parents and grandparents gave up to keep this country strong.
Ariel

8greenbeans

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 09:56:26 AM »
No Google browser for us. MrBeans says he is completely done with Amazon. I'm essentially off mainstream social media until all the family is on alternative media As I run the family group pages where we all communicate ... It's finally starting to happen in greater numbers though I've been asking for awhile.

USMC Veteran, LEO Mama
Navy MIL, USAF Vet Mama
Army Daughter
8 Beans
1 MrBeans

icequeen

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 10:31:11 AM »
  We can make a difference in commerce if we are strong enough.  Remember what our parents and grandparents gave up to keep this country strong.

Yes! Completely agree! I do not want to spend my money and support people/companies that think I'm a racist, white supremacist just because I voted for Trump. Told my daughter no movies for now - can't imagine helping Hollywood to become even richer. The hard part though will be getting rid of the things we use daily - YouTube TV, Gmail, etc (and of course Amazon!). But we need to do it to show the left that they can't just keeping kicking us like a stray dog trying to find a few scraps.

Abigayle

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 11:14:21 AM »
Now using my Amazon points up, with no additional purchases.  We probably won't get the vaccine in any quantity until Biden takes over, to show the public what a great job he did.  This makes shopping tough.  There is  Grocery pickup for us and Walmart ships.  The trouble with Walmart is their packing!  I get so many things that are beat up in the box.
There was life before Amazon and our small retailers are suffering. Let's not forget all the black businesses that were burnt down in Portland.  Those people put their whole lives into those businesses (whites as well, some were murdered in both instances).  Yes, support small business.  If I have to pay more, I will buy less to make up the difference. We buy so many things we don't have to have. Yes, Bountyhunter, I remember life before Walmart.  When it came to Southern MO., many Christians said they would not shop there because they carried wine.  I think they were the first people in the door.  I had a small business there at the time.  We had a better product....they had better prices.  We suffered but got creative and kept our heads above water.  I need to proof read.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 03:33:32 PM by Abigayle »
Ariel

bountyhunter

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 12:54:20 PM »
I remember life before Walmart!
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 01:39:36 PM »
  That was a long time ago.....

8greenbeans

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 03:44:32 PM »
Turn about is fair play

USMC Veteran, LEO Mama
Navy MIL, USAF Vet Mama
Army Daughter
8 Beans
1 MrBeans

bountyhunter

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 05:06:23 PM »
  That was a long time ago.....
I have been around for a good while! I aint no spring chicken, I am older than most here and younger than some. You dont have the market of remembering things
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal