Author Topic: Thank you!  (Read 1372 times)

Surveyor1

Thank you!
« on: January 14, 2021, 11:19:35 AM »
For the past few years I’ve been a “lurker”.  That’s kinda my nature.  With my job I spend a lot of time in the woods and enjoy the peace and sanctuary that it provides.  I’ve read many of your post just trying to gain knowledge.  Y’all have provided me with many things to contemplate and work on.  I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank y’all for sharing your information!

This past year has really opened my eyes on what the future holds and needless to say, I am worried for our country.  Please keep sharing your thoughts and if I feel that I can add to the conversation I will quit “lurking” and jump in.  Thanks again!

Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Ravenwood1950

Re: Thank you!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 11:46:38 AM »
Glad you posted! :). Most of the activity on the forum is from us 'old timers' that have been together since we compromised the APN Georgia Preppers Network. That is 10-12 years. Sometimes the chatting is slow or maybe not much new information, but most of us have been at this self-sufficiency all our lives. Just trying to live providentally as our Grandparents did. We are sad that we can't see each other as much in real life due to Covid but try to keep each other's spirits up to keep on plugging away. :)
Ravenwood

tlwagg

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 12:12:12 PM »
Welcome from Region 3 North.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Surveyor1

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 12:26:19 PM »
Thank you Ravenwood.  I enjoy the research.  My hearing isn’t what it used to be so I would much rather read than watch TV (not to mention most TV these days is crap!).  I wish I would have spent more time growing up paying attention to what my grandparents were doing.  While supplies are great to have they will not last forever so I’ve been on a quest for knowledge about life back in the day.  I don’t know if I will be able to replicate it but at least I will have a blueprint.  I really feel that with what is coming that I will feel like the early settlers getting in a covered wagon heading west.  The fear, trepidation and adventure that will lead to a new life.  Lol, I’ve spent time in the West and I remember thinking when I topped a hill and there was nothing but scrub as far as the eye could see, how did they keep going?  They kept going because they had to!  Many perished along the way but many also created a new life for their families.  Common sense, knowledge and perseverance will be what helps people survive long term, if they can just survive the short term “Tribulations” that will be faced.  I fear for our country but I am not scared.  If I am one of those that perishes on the journey it will not be because I did not try or that I gave up, it will be because it is my time...
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

8greenbeans

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 06:05:01 PM »
Glad to have you posting! I'm hearing impaired so prefer the written word over the spoken word. Masks have greatly impeded my ability to communicate effectively these last months - obviously only on my end of hearing the other person.

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
4 Beans-in-law + 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

Surveyor1

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 08:21:08 PM »
Glad to have you posting! I'm hearing impaired so prefer the written word over the spoken word. Masks have greatly impeded my ability to communicate effectively these last months - obviously only on my end of hearing the other person.

I know what you mean!  Over the past 10 years I’ve gotten pretty good at reading lips while listening to someone and now I’m back to square one😡😡😡!  Mask sucks!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal