Prepping > Food and Water

Bulk sausage? Familiar?

(1/3) > >>

Lilburner:
Found this and I'm curious about it. Fully cooked in the can. Sounds intriguing. Especially as a prep.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Fixit:
Look interesting but I make my own cured sausages.

Abigayle:
I would try one can.  Even if it is just so-so. Crumble some up in your scrambled eggs and spaghetti sauce.  Sprinkle a little on a homemade pizza.  Mix it with some greens or veggies.  A little might go a long way.  Then, if the expiration date is at least 2023, put some on the shelf for more variety.  We have some Yoders canned bacon.  It is excellent, but pricey.  We bought this bath around five years ago.  Store bought bacon will stack in the corner of a freezer, use one, replace it putting it behind the last one you bought.  Any additional flavor will be a blessing.  Would rather make my own, but don't have the source any longer.  Read the label, in case it is mostly stuff you don't want in your system!  Thanks!

Lilburner:
Yes, trying it would be the obvious course of action.

But I'm taking a bit of a break from red meat right now to expand my culinary horizons from a rut I've gotten into.

Abigayle:
Lilburner, have you tried polar brand salmon fillets?  They are in a long oval cal, stack well without shifting and have a great expiration date.  You can get them at Walmart and other stores.  They also have herring.  Each can has some nice size fillets.  You can open it without a can opener.  I dry can crackers, so always have a light dinner or snack at hand.  Baby Bella cheese is something you may also be staying away from right now, but they are handy, since they are small and individually wrapped in wax.  I have used them long after the expiration date, on the advice of many articles discussing wax wrapped cheeses.  I should be doing what you are but have no will power.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version