Author Topic: Prepper Camp 2021  (Read 3353 times)

Lilburner

Prepper Camp 2021
« on: January 28, 2021, 04:13:17 PM »
Anyone else going?

I usually get an email end of November, end of December. I didn't this year, and with everything going on with me and in the world, I just hadn't thought about it.

Didn't get the holiday pricing, but got early bird - $50.

Filled out a form for the campground - they only promised to hold my spot til December 1! So - fingers crossed.

https://www.preppercamp.com/

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

upacreek

Re: Prepper Camp 2021
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 01:21:15 PM »
I’m going. I hope I got the same spot as last year. I should call and verify.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

casserolejack

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 03:13:56 PM »
I'm in for my first time. Bringing a buddy of mine. We may try and recruit another friend or two to join us. Very excited for it.

I just need to figure out if were RV'ing or tent camping and sort out a spot.

ProGeek

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 11:05:50 PM »
I got my tickets.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

icequeen

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 09:53:58 AM »
I've never been and wanted to go last year but it got canceled. You think there's enough to keep a teenager interested? Of course, I guess she could just stare at her phone anywhere right?  ;D

ProGeek

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 10:41:53 PM »
Cell signal in the mountains is limited.  :o
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

upacreek

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 11:10:45 PM »
Ice queen - I took a friend and his teenage son a couple years ago. The kid was disappointed he couldn’t make it last year. If she’s interested in any of the classes, she should be fine. There’s a lot of other stuff she can do there too. It looked like they have canoes and a place to swim (in full view of the classes (if she’s self-conscious at all every class faces the swimming/boating area). There’s a couple zip lines for little kids and probably teenagers - nothing she’d need to be hooked into. I think there’s a game room, but I never looked into it. I had service enough near the little store and my camp site to call my beasts every day.

Surveyor1

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2021, 12:04:25 AM »
I've never been and wanted to go last year but it got canceled. You think there's enough to keep a teenager interested? Of course, I guess she could just stare at her phone anywhere right?  ;D

IDK maybe the possibility to learn something that is the difference between life and death?  It’s just me though, I had little patience with my own kids when it came to “outside stuff” and amazingly they turned out pretty good!  They understand the real world and the precarious situation that we are in so I feel like I did right!  Once they grew up I became their friend, prior to that I was “just a father”...  I consider myself lucky that my kids are the way they are but I also know they are the way they are for one reason!😎
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2021, 06:15:03 AM »
Prepper Camp Is Coming Soon!
64 Classes Each Day
20+ Brand New Classes
World's Best Instructors
New Keynote Speaker
New Products & Vendors
More Food Services

Ticker sales end today 8-15  Campground is full

I should have said reduced price tickets sales are history!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 10:35:23 AM by RWS »

upacreek

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2021, 10:19:24 AM »
Well that was stupid. I had trouble reserving my campsite back in September, so I dropped the ball and never got one. Thankfully, my son is king at finding Air B&B’s. If anyone else needs a room, let me know soon. The more the merrier. I already need 2 rooms and the more the merrier.

ProGeek

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2021, 12:04:39 PM »
I don't like Air B&B. The fees are as much as the rent. We are in a hotel in Flat Rock.

ProGeek

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2021, 01:02:57 PM »
Just downloaded the schedule. Lots of interesting stuff. See you guys there next weekend!

FYI, SOLD OUT.

upacreek

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2021, 12:29:09 PM »
I can’t wait for Prepper camp but I’m slow in getting ready. I’m staying at an Airbnb this time and so I have a lot of camping gear if anybody needs to borrow some. Hit me up if you need chairs, tents, sleeping bags, canopy, etc.

upacreek

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2021, 11:54:12 AM »
So who all is going and would you like to meet up?  We’ll be skipping the movie Friday night. It looks like there’s a good bbq place less than 20 minutes away. Any interest? Maybe lunch at some designated spot (not outside the campground)?

ProGeek

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2021, 10:09:46 PM »
See you guys there. We get in to our hotel tomorrow evening. I'm thinking dinner at Cracker Barrel in Flat Rock!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal