Author Topic: NewTo Kindle  (Read 1244 times)

Surveyor1

NewTo Kindle
« on: February 05, 2021, 03:27:29 PM »
I’m sure there is probably an answer in here somewhere but I have not found.

If I download a bunch of books directly to my Kindle and keep in a faraday cage, will the content still be there?  I’m making sure to download to the device and not the cloud but was not sure if for some unknown reason they required internet access?  I’m 99% sure that it’s simply like a computer and the data would be available if TSHTF but just checking?

I have a pretty extensive physical library but I’ve been downloading a lot of free books such as the classics, children’s books and how to books from Amazon.  Thanks in advance.
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

HogJowlHomestead

Re: NewTo Kindle
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 04:36:06 PM »
I have a kindle that lost the ability to connect to the internet or wifi, i think some busted in it but it will turn on and everything in the library that was fully loaded still works. I would think you would be ok. I also found the battery lasts allot longer not trying to ping a connection all the time. Its the original black and white v1... leaves so much to be desired lol
Psalms 127:3-5

Surveyor1

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 08:23:49 PM »
I have a kindle that lost the ability to connect to the internet or wifi, i think some busted in it but it will turn on and everything in the library that was fully loaded still works. I would think you would be ok. I also found the battery lasts allot longer not trying to ping a connection all the time. Its the original black and white v1... leaves so much to be desired lol

Thanks for that information!  It kinda answers my questions!  I figured that was how it worked but simply was not sure.  I’m downloading everything I can on a Kindle and will share to my computer to put on a memory stick so if TSHTF I might have access to some Classic literature in the future. 
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Country Singer

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 02:23:27 PM »
Here's a list of other sources for kindle-compatible books, so you're not dependent on amazon: https://ebookfriendly.com/download-free-kindle-books/
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Surveyor1

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 09:50:32 PM »
Here's a list of other sources for kindle-compatible books, so you're not dependent on amazon: https://ebookfriendly.com/download-free-kindle-books/

Thank you!  That was really good information!

Surveyor1

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 10:49:53 AM »

I went to one of the links in this article I believe it was Digilibrary or something like that.  I was able to download the book to my Kindle but could not get it to show up in my library?  It showed as a check Mark underlined in the top menu bar and once I clicked on that I could read the book but if I closed the book it vanished?  Any input on how to download and have the books show in my library would be great!  Thanks

Country Singer

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 07:54:30 PM »
Honestly, I'm not sure.  That's one I haven't tried, and it's been some time since I used any of the services that are listed.  The last one I used was Project Gutenberg, and it's been a few years.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Lilburner

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 03:54:41 PM »
I certainly don't do this, but OTHER PEOPLE have been known to Google "how to remove encryption from Kindle books" or "how to remove DRM for Kindle books".

One (not me of course) could even make a compelling legal argument that if you acquired/bought the books legally and above board, that you have a RIGHT to DRM-free backups.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal