Author Topic: Cat litter jugs and buckets?  (Read 1083 times)

Lilburner

Cat litter jugs and buckets?
« on: February 18, 2021, 05:51:11 PM »
These are starting to accumulate. When I just had one cat, he used bag litter, but when I adopted my porch stray, they collectively rebelled so now I'm using more upscale litter that comes in jugs and buckets.

The buckets are pretty easy. They're buckets. Albeit without a super usable lid because it's hinged.

I actually prefer the jugs because they're easier to work with and you don't take a big price per pound hit using them. But what to do with giant jugs?

This is my favorite idea so far - shelf containers. Cut on a dimension I hadn't considered. Technically you get two per jug and they're the perfect depth for the 18" wire shelving I buy constantly.

The secret is a super simple but ingenious way to mark them straight. Instructions at https://www.instructables.com/Free-Storage-Bins-Complements-of-your-Cat/

A bucket solution I hadn't considered, and you can't do it with round buckets is a storage cube wall.

How about you? Any cat people have prepper ideas?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 02:23:35 AM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Gunner

Re: Cat litter jugs and buckets?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 03:15:42 AM »
I like the plans.... going to show them to the wife asnd see if we cant steal a few of them for our house!
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

BennyMG1

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 07:16:51 AM »
These are great ideas. I use the buckets for food storage. Vacuum sealed gallon bags will fit nicely. The hinged top makes access easy and they are designed for heavy stacking.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

crplhood

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 09:44:59 AM »
I just grow salad in them.

Lilburner

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 10:17:11 AM »
I just grow salad in them.

You know - I haven't been too excited about the small portions when you cut them like in the picture. But they would be amazing for herbs.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

crplhood

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 10:33:19 AM »
Cut and come again muscaline or romaine, rocket, anything smallish works in the pails. I've grown cherry tomatoes in the buckets.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal