Author Topic: Dollar General canning jars  (Read 801 times)

aces

Dollar General canning jars
« on: April 10, 2021, 08:50:12 PM »
My local Dollar General had a lovely end cap of canning jars this afternoon.  You might check with a store near you if you think you might need any this summer.

I tried to insert the picture on my phone, but cannot seem to get it to work.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Dollar General canning jars
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 01:29:02 PM »
I stopped by my local Dollar General Market to check and see if they had any canning jars.  They did!  There was a whole shelf full.  When I left the store, the shelf was half full.  I did not buy them all but only half.
Last year at Fall campout one of the young ones there asked if they could come learn how to can this Summer.  Of course I said yes.  So now I have plenty of jars to get us thru the canning season.  Actually I already had enough to get us thru the canning season, but a few more won't hurt.  I actually planted two rows of tomatoes instead of just the one.  This way I should have plenty of tomatoes.  Tomatoes are one of the easiest things to can.

ProGeek

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 09:35:22 AM »
I went to DG looking for a deal. They had 12 pint jars for $8. Walmart has the same jars for $7.89.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

Surveyor1

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 10:00:44 AM »
I went to DG looking for a deal. They had 12 pint jars for $8. Walmart has the same jars for $7.89.

Sometimes the premium is simply finding the jars.  I look every time I go to Wally World and most of the time they are out but on occasion they have them in stock. 
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Abigayle

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 05:30:04 PM »
Walmart has had cases of flats, so if you are eating last years canning wonders (maybe some from the year before). You may only need to keep your eyes open for the flats...  I have seen jars a Kroger a few times, but they were like 14.50 a dozen quarts last month.
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal