Author Topic: GPN/SEPN Fall Campout 2015  (Read 12310 times)

Farside

GPN/SEPN Fall Campout 2015
« on: July 27, 2015, 10:02:07 AM »
GPN/SEPN's Fall Campout is set for September 25th-27th at Cedar Creek WMA. All are welcome to attend a weekend of fun, training and fellowship. Bring your family, friends and anyone with an interest. If your spouse thinks you nuts, bring them too. We mite talk them into their own Tin Hat.

Cedar Creek is located south of Monticello on GA Hwy 212. Our camp site is across from the Check Station (N 30* 13' 45.1 W 83* 31' 36.1) on Check Station Road.

Cedar Creek is a primitive site. There is water at the check station. GPN/SEPN will order porta-potty for the site. We ask members to get a GORP (Georgia Outdoor Recreation Pass) to cover there family. I get a annual GORP group pass for $35, and that good for up to eight people. This let you use the range and other facility at all the WMA state wide. You can get weekend pass for I think around $12.

We are asking the members to donate $20 per tent, camper or what ever to cover the cost of porta-potty and permits. You can send it by Pay Pal to georgiapreppers@gmail.com .

We will be having our own little flee market, so bring all extra items you want to get rite of.  I'm giving a survival trapping class. Starlady is giving a canning class of what in season. I'll looking for class ideas and instructor. If your interested drop me a PM.

I'd like to put out and open invitation to other prepper group to attend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a update to the GPN/SEPN Annual Fall Camp Out 2015

We have the schedule of events all worked out. So here is a list of events and a schedule of classes. Please note that pending unforseen events some items may have to change. There will be a board that is updated at the camp out were you will check in.

Also please note that everyone is welcome to come early and stay late. The Porta Potties will arrive sometime on Thursday.

Friday 9-25

Check in - All day
Raffle Ticket Sales - All Day  (Baofeng UV-82 (Black) Two-Way Radio, and possible other items)
Door Prize Tickets will be given out as people check in - All day
Silent Auction starts
1400 - 1600:  Radio and Communication information - Country Singer
1600 - 1800:  Range Time
Anyone wanting to go to the range to shoot or receive instruction, this is the time. The range is open everyday, but on Friday we will have people available to set up matches and do instruction as requests are made.

Saturday 9-26

Check in - All day
Raffle Ticket Sales - All Day  (Baofeng UV-82 (Black) Two-Way Radio, and possible other items)
Door Prize Tickets will be given out as people check in - All day
Silent Auction continues

Classes:
1000 - 1130: Survival Trapping - Farside
1130 - 1300: Lunch
1300 - 1430: Medical Class - Medic 72
1430 - 1600: Canning Class - Starlady
1600 - 1800: Swap Meet / Blanket Sales
(Walk around and see what equipment/stuff your fellow preppers are selling or are willing to make a trade for. Great practice on those barter skills that maybe rusty. Also a great way to meet your fellow preppers and just say hi.)
1800 - 1900: General Meeting
Will close the Silent Auction, give out door prizes and raffle items.
Discuss SEPN items: Past, Present, and Future.

Sunday 9-27

Wrap up and pack out.

----------------------------------------------
Edit 09/18 by Lilburner

Door prize!

« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 03:17:16 PM by Lilburner »

BennyMG1

Re: GPN/SEPN Fall Campout 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 03:40:08 PM »
Glad to see these dates. I will be putting them on my calendar and hope to make it.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

icequeen

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 01:03:43 PM »
Farside - can us AL people join in now that we're one big happy family?

Lilburner

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 02:55:20 PM »
Everyone's Welcome!

We need a "sitewide event" board or master calendar event board or something along those lines, and we're actively discussing that.

But everyone's welcome regardless!

Hope to meet you there.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Farside

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 04:00:49 PM »
You can only come to the camp out if you bring the Cube. Maybe she can meet my granddaughter.

icequeen

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 09:11:45 PM »
I heard you were a grandpa now.  I bet she will have you wrapped around her little finger in no time. 

BTW, my dad wants to know if there is going to be another shooting match.  He is still mad he missed the last one. 

stvr

• Global Chairman & Region 5 Leader
  • Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 09:32:38 PM »
That can be arranged. If there is enough interest it will be a pistol shoot out. Center fire pistol shoot out.
stvr
USMC Retired - NRA Endowment Member

"There is no better friend... and no worse enemy than a United States Marine."

Lilburner

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 09:43:44 PM »
I've HEARD there is going to be a single shot rifle shootout with rifle provided.

Lest y'all think I'm falling down on the job, I'm bugging Farside to keep amending the top post with all the details like that right in the top post so everything will always be concentrated in one place.

I know the classes are so far are canning, trapping, and possibly first aid.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

stvr

• Global Chairman & Region 5 Leader
  • Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 11:49:44 PM »
Yes a turkey shoot
stvr
USMC Retired - NRA Endowment Member

"There is no better friend... and no worse enemy than a United States Marine."

Nightgaunt

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 02:00:12 PM »
Wish I could be there, but that's my wife's birthday weekend, and she would NOT be happy if I dragged her out into the woods! Not for her birthday anyway. :)  I hope to at least make the Meet & Greet at the end of August, and possibly the convention on the same day.

I'm glad to be back active on the new forum finally!

Nightgaunt
Georgia | Region 5
"Ipsa scientia potestas est."
      Georgia | Region 5

Nemo

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 10:41:23 PM »
If anyone is interested, I can show how to make a paracord bracelet in 6 minutes that looks cool and un-weaves in about 4 seconds, taking about 8-9 feet of cord.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

Lilburner

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 10:47:43 PM »
Can you show me how to do this instead?

~ Daniel Webster

florida44

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 11:24:53 PM »
The kids would like that class
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

Nemo

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 11:26:57 PM »
I can show that.  Wont look like that or be that cool, but I can still show it.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

lets_prep

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 02:42:54 PM »
I'm hoping hubby is up to coming, he's having eye surgery at the beginning of the month so we'll have to see, no pun intended.  :o
Region 7

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal