Author Topic: Just ordered my first trapping supplies  (Read 3046 times)

Lilburner

Just ordered my first trapping supplies
« on: November 19, 2015, 11:54:37 PM »
I was working a big sale over at Sportsman's Guide and got these - hopefully a good starter kit.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

florida44

Re: Just ordered my first trapping supplies
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 04:40:20 AM »
sweet. Might want to chat up Day8 and of course the guru on the topic Farside. I know after Farsides class Day8 bought materials and assemble 100 traps then he collected back walnuts to soak them in.

I think traps is the way to go and I hope at next campout or the Appleseed event we can have another class on it.

Nice find!
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

bw4907

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 05:25:56 AM »
If you are going after Beaver you need some #330's.
Bill

Farside

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 09:42:00 AM »
Good start! You do need a couple of #330. And don't forget rat traps.

elandil

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 02:18:28 PM »
I have been really curious on those Yo-Yo fishing reels, if they work and/or are any good.

Let me know if you test one out.
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

Farside

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 10:40:41 PM »
I have two in each BOB and half dozen in my small trapping kit. They work great for a lazy fisher man or to keep tension on a snare. Remember survival is always about calories in and calories out. Let the tools do the work.

Lilburner

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 10:46:21 PM »
If I get the 330, I need the opening handles, right?

What's your BOB plan? What I got would be a specific chunk of space and weight. I'm thinking maybe a couple yoyos, some snares and a 110?

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Farside

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 08:20:03 AM »
Yes! You need the cocking bar.

My BOB kit only has snares and yoyo in it. Three dozsen snares of different sizes and two yo yo. Maybe a pound and a half. The canibar are on the cart.

woodsmoke

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 09:10:21 PM »
Trapping and snaring are critical skills for hunting silently and while you're sleeping or otherwise occupied.  Y'all may want to try some of the commercial trapping suppliers such as F&T Post.com which is my favorite, PCSOutdoors.com, Cocolamus Creek Supplies.com, Wildlife Control Supplies (www.ShopWCS.com) pricey but have everything about trapping you would ever want, and many other places.  Trapping is a whole 'nuther education to learn.  I've been at it for over forty years on and off and I'm still learning. Good luck.

0, . 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal