Prepping > Weapons - Firearms & Otherwise

1200 guns, seven tons of ammo, $230K cash found in dead man's home

(1/1)

Lilburner:
I guess he took the old saying "He who dies with the most toys wins" pretty seriously.

http://khon2.com/2015/07/27/1200-guns-and-7-tons-of-ammo-found-in-dead-california-mans-home/

All kind of weirdness - no one knew him to have had a job. He told his girlfriend to put his dead body in a truck on the curb and someone would come for it.

They called the guns "pristine" and "new". Really? Is that why you just dump them on a tarp like a big pile of kindling?

One cop said "He wasn't a drug dealer. He wasn't a survivalist". Because those two roughly equal things almost always go hand in hand  ::)

florida44:
The comments are funny. One was the fiance was quoted as saying she believed he was an alien hybrid on a long term mission or something like that.

Lilburner:
I'm really fascinated by this story and I've been researching it more and more - it's like an onion with so many layers.

Hardly anyone knew him and no one knew anything about him. He died at 60 and the only grainy picture I've seen of him he was about 20 years old. One of the few accounts of him was from hs fiancee's assistants' parents, who described him as "an alien hybrid sent to save the world". Gosh too bad about the cancer, then.

One story said he had an "underwater car" Wait. What? Another said he had "14 vehicles including a Toyota designed to drive underwater". Another version called it something like an "underwater SUV"

Uh... this?

Funny how the media is just crazy sometimes. Like that old game we played in school when I was a kid where one person whispered something to another person, then they  whispered it to the next person and so on. When you got through everyone in the class, you'd compare the first and last versions and they wouldn't be remotely similar.

I think the takeaway, though, is that Dos Equis has been lying to us about who the most interesting man in the world was. Seriously - I'm thinking there's a movie here.

Lilburner:
Latest: "Police 'Likely' to Destroy 6.5 Tons Of Ammo"

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-dead-man-guns-20150723-story.html

Y'all will have to excuse me. I need to go cry or throw up or something - maybe both.

Seriously - does no one have claims on that estate? They can't find an heir? That would seriously devalue the estate. And if the whole thing goes to the state, they should give it to the needy!

Gunner:
1200 guns, seven tons of ammo, $230K cash .... why couldn't this be a relative of mine  ?!?!??!?!    :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version