Author Topic: Ask Yourself 4 Questions  (Read 5026 times)

Nemo

Ask Yourself 4 Questions
« on: December 02, 2015, 11:01:37 AM »
I don't think much of #1 due primarily to OpSec.  Go read the rest.  It will open your eyes/mind some.  Maybe a little, maybe a lot.

Nemo

http://www.glennbeck.com/2015/12/01/ask-yourself-these-four-questions-to-reveal-your-level-of-preparedness/

Ask yourself these four questions to reveal your level of preparedness

by Lori Tuesday, Dec 1, 2015

Think for a moment about the last time you experienced an emergency situation such as a winter storm or a power outage. How prepared were you? Now consider a bigger problem such as a large-scale food shortage or water contamination incident. What if a disaster forced you to leave your home for days or even weeks? How well would you survive such situations?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 11:06:23 AM by Nemo »
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

jimLE

Re: Ask Yourself 4 Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 09:34:43 AM »
thats pretty good..it can deffently get a person to thinking about their level of preparedness..i think that the LEVEL 1 more along the lines,of someone hasn't given much thought,if any.towards hunting and/or home protection,when it comes to opsec..i think that im somewhere between level 2 and 3 in food preps..

be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6..
expect and prepare for the worst.and hope for the best..

ProGeek

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 11:42:50 AM »
I'm at about 85% of level 4 and 20% of level 5.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

Lilburner

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 03:42:55 PM »
I'm at about a 4.6 - a 5 without a farm.

Most of my most local friends don't know much, but that's starting to change. Now whenever something goes wrong with a plan and a tool or supply is needed, everyone stops and looks at me.

But I have seeds and tools and I know where to buy/barter/steal animals, so I have about a year or two in food to get cracking. I'm working on a remote location to call my own.

The better scenario for me, though, in the meantime, would be to show up at an established farm with an impressive resume and a strong back.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SS-Preppers

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 12:02:23 PM »
Dang.....I'm all over the place.......this makes me realize I have some holes in my preps that I need to get up to standard.....

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 06:58:31 PM »
Yes,  I am in there somewhere also, however my plan is now in the budding stage. 

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 03:45:29 PM »
Last year I purchased a one man cross cut saw for a Christmas present to myself.  This year I ordered a two man cross cut saw.  I intend to be able to cut wood to feed my wood stove.  If I don't use it, then it will make excellent barter material.  Also I don't hunt or trap but I purchased traps to use or trade.  I plan to purchase more and a variety this year.

https://www.forestry-suppliers.com/product_pages/products.php?mi=14702&itemnum=75142&redir=Y

Searchboss

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 12:06:47 PM »
I still have a long way to go. I seem to be at about level 3, higher in some places. I too, have a plan and am working to improve my preps every week. It just takes a lot of time and money. Oh, and storage space which is an issue for some things.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal