Author Topic: Condor Chest Rig... Review...  (Read 4591 times)

RevJammer

Condor Chest Rig... Review...
« on: January 23, 2016, 12:27:01 AM »
While I have not gone out and drug (dragged?) this through the mud or had any Top Secret SpecOps missions to perform; I wanted to share some thoughts about this gear.

Also, I seem to have difficulties posting pics, so I'm going to post the three links right up front so you all will know what I'm talking about (if you choose to look).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009SAZ7W4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007I4DJTK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HANR38?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Today I received the Condor Chest Rig and Accessories I ordered from Amazon.  I have been looking for a simple way to carry mags for that "just in case" scenario.  But since I am on the far side of... "fluffy", it is usually VERY difficult to find stuff that fits me.

I stumbled on this by accident (thanks Amazon spyware) and began to read the reviews.  I was very excited to see so many positive reviews, especially on the sizing and fit of this product.  I got mine in the "tan"... just because.

I have my triple AR mag pouch molle'd to the left side of the rig, and the triple pistol mag pouch molle'd to the right side of the rig.  Counting what will already be in my pistol, I'll have a total of 4 mags; and for my AR I will have a total of 10 mags.

Quality seems to be very nice and the fit is MORE than enough to handle my... generous frame.  It is NOT my intent to be "tacticool" and I will probably not ever wear this to the range (or anywhere else for that matter) but I have filled that "slot" that has been bugging me.

If anyone has a question I can answer about this I'd be happy to do so!

Thanks for reading...

RJ

stvr

• Global Chairman & Region 5 Leader
  • Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
Re: Condor Chest Rig... Review...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 08:05:59 AM »
Looks like a nice rig. Thanks for sharing.
stvr
USMC Retired - NRA Endowment Member

"There is no better friend... and no worse enemy than a United States Marine."

Nemo

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 11:00:55 PM »
So, altogether this cost right at $60, correct?  It does seem like good quality kit for what its designed.

So now please load them up, put them on as designed and sleep on the floor in your garage for a night.  Then let us know how you feel the morning after.  If you don't want to be that experiment, just load them up and wear them around the house for a weekend.  Taken off only to sleep.  How they fit and wear are big purchase factors.  Slipping around, scraping, blistering as such need serious considering.

If you do the garage floor thing and live through that, I will buy that setup also.  I don't have a garage so I will just take your word for it.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

RevJammer

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 01:49:53 AM »
So, altogether this cost right at $60, correct?  It does seem like good quality kit for what its designed.

So now please load them up, put them on as designed and sleep on the floor in your garage for a night.  Then let us know how you feel the morning after.  If you don't want to be that experiment, just load them up and wear them around the house for a weekend.  Taken off only to sleep.  How they fit and wear are big purchase factors.  Slipping around, scraping, blistering as such need serious considering.

If you do the garage floor thing and live through that, I will buy that setup also.  I don't have a garage so I will just take your word for it.

Nemo

Nemo,

I haven't quite gone to those extremes... yet!  I have it loaded up and have worn it around the house some.  The "adjust-ability" of the straps make it reasonably comfortable.  The shoulder straps are decently padded and it has a strap that goes around the back to keep it held tight to the body.

At some point I will try to do a little day hike with it to do further testing, but so far it seems as comfortable as carrying over 300 rounds of ammo (in magazines) could be.  One of the reasons I like it is because it sits higher on the chest and not around my belly (God knows I don't need anything else there...).  I don't know what the total weight is...  I'll try to find a way to weigh it.

RJ

stvr

• Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 09:55:55 AM »
Stand on the scale with in on. Write down the weight. Stand on the scale with it off. Write down the weight. Subtract the smaller number from the larger number and you have the weight if the rig.

See the class in math at school put to a practical application. Maybe I should be a math teacher?
stvr

Nemo

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 10:33:46 AM »
If he is a larger gent (like me) he may not have a scale.  His wife may but he may not (like me) have authorization to use it.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

RevJammer

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 11:32:47 AM »
Stand on the scale with in on. Write down the weight. Stand on the scale with it off. Write down the weight. Subtract the smaller number from the larger number and you have the weight if the rig.

See the class in math at school put to a practical application. Maybe I should be a math teacher?

Thats a great idea...  next time I pass a Flying J or a Pilot...  I"m all over this...      ::)

RJ

stvr

• Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 12:53:59 PM »
Good one. Was expecting the one at a time joke.
stvr

elandil

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 12:54:46 PM »

Thats a great idea...  next time I pass a Flying J or a Pilot...  I"m all over this...      ::)

RJ

Don't waste your time. The scale ladies just laugh and refuse to say.

Now the xattle auction house....they'll work with ya. ;)
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

Lilburner

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 02:52:53 PM »
Most people when they talk about how big they are or how big something is, don't remotely have the sense of scale I work off of.

Any idea what it would go out to in inches?
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

RevJammer

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 04:00:49 PM »
Most people when they talk about how big they are or how big something is, don't remotely have the sense of scale I work off of.

Any idea what it would go out to in inches?

PM sent...

RJ

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal