Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Medical/First Aid/Health / Re: Medicinal Herbs - Marshmallow
« Last post by RWS on Today at 08:24:10 PM »
I am just starting to learn and grow medicinal herbs.  This past week I planted chamomile, marshmallow, yarrow, feverfew and lavender.  I have potted up 56 marshmallow plants.  I tried to pot up yarrow but it is still too small and hard to work with.  As the seeds come up and grow a bit then I will pot them up.  I plan to plant some of each at my Region 2 backwoods mountain BOL campsite.

If I can manage I will also bring some to the Spring Campout for the auction.
« Last post by Fixit on Today at 07:58:09 PM »
Kind of funny that this came up as I will be potting marshmallow next week. Have a wild ginger bed that gets thinned this week to make new beds as I only have it in 2 locations right now . B VES me a chance to show it at my Friday meeting and talk about its uses.
General Prepping Discussion / Re: 2024 Spring Camp out
« Last post by RWS on Today at 01:04:00 PM »
I have taken care of my two conflicts and will be able to attend this year.  I will bring some marshmallows.
« Last post by Searchboss on Today at 12:55:49 PM »
It looks like we have 2 threads going for the camp out.  We probably need to just use 1 to prevent any confusion?

Noted. Perhaps someone with the ability to do so could move all of the campout discussion to the "proper" thread?
« Last post by Surveyor1 on Today at 12:48:42 PM »
It looks like we have 2 threads going for the camp out.  We probably need to just use 1 to prevent any confusion?
« Last post by Surveyor1 on Today at 12:28:46 PM »
I went by a marshmallow farm during harvest last fall.  It wa very interesting, I never knew.
« Last post by RWS on Today at 12:10:57 PM »
Yes,  At my Region 2 BOL we have two springs and spring creeks along with the two spring fed ponds.  The trick will be to get enough sunlight to the marshmallows.

I also have a pan full of Yarrow that needs potted up net.  I am spending a lot of time at the potting table.
« Last post by Abigayle on Today at 12:03:05 PM »
R.W. at the other house, we planted our Marshmallow down near the lake, where the soil remained moist, under normal conditions.  A spring would work just as well.  The flowers we had looked like Hollyhocks.  Can't dig the root for a few years, in order to get the best results.  Good information to post!  We need more herbs of this nature, if people can find a place to plant them.  Many (not this one) do well in pots.
« Last post by RWS on April 16, 2024, 01:11:21 PM »
I started to pot up some of those marshmallow plants and got the bright idea that a 6 pack of them would make a nice auction item at the Spring Campout.  If they look OK by then, I will try to remember to take a six pack to the Campout.

People have used Marshmallow in herbal and culinary creations worldwide for hundreds of years. If you find or grow some of these incredible plants, there are many ways to put them to good use.

I have now potted up 48 marshmallow plants n 6 pack plastic starter pots.  Enough to share a few around.
Medical/First Aid/Health / Medicinal Herbs - Marshmallow
« Last post by RWS on April 16, 2024, 07:55:48 AM »
I planted some medicinal Herb seeds.  My marshmallow seeds came up thick in a pan so now I have to transplant some into individual pots.  I don't have that many pots !  I want to take a bunch and plant them up in Region 2 at my BOL.  It is amazing to me as to how many uses the marshmallow plant has.

https://practicalselfreliance.com/marshmallow-althea-sp/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal