Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Storage Food Reviews / Re: New board - Storage Food Reviews
« Last post by RWS on March 27, 2024, 08:23:01 PM »
MyPatriotSupply still had a couple selections on sale so I picked up a couple.  Then BePreparred had a 72 hour selection with 8 packs so I got that on the way also.  They will be good while traveling this Summer to have on hand just in case.  If you have not noticed the resturant selection is getting less and less.  So many going belly up these days and my get home bag has a cook stove to heat water. 
Recipes / Re: For New canners!!!
« Last post by RWS on March 27, 2024, 06:27:56 PM »
I have a cart on BePrepared.com with the meals you mentioned (BeyondOutDoors) because I could not find them on MyPatriotSupply.com.  I looked again and found the sale.  These will be good to keep a couple in the truck,car and several in the camper.  I also used to use Mountain House Years & years & years ago when hiking the AT with my teen age sons.

Canning methods.  I most always use a pressure canner but never fill the water up over the jar tops.  I just take it up in PSI and hold.  It goes up a lot quicker with less water.  I have been doing this for over 40 years.  My wife uses the hot water boiler on fruit.  When I use the canner on pears or peaches they get all soft and squishy.  Then when the wife uses them in a pie, ect.  I get fussed at because they are soggy.
« Last post by Abigayle on March 27, 2024, 05:30:37 PM »
Prices on Beyond went up since yesterday, now too high for what it is....Sorry!
Recipes / For New canners!!!
« Last post by Abigayle on March 27, 2024, 04:41:51 PM »
Please beware that just because they show it on U-Tube and it looks great and easy, that does not make it right!  This week, there are several new ones from women, where the process is translated.  I saw one for cheese dumplings, etc, using an unusual method.  It looked safe.
Others were water bathing meat.  Please do not do this?  They also processed for fifteen minutes....NEVER!!!  During a crisis is an especially bad time to use new methods you, or a trusted friend/relative has not used.  Use your canning books,  I am begging you!  They also show canning in a pot without covering the jars.  If anyone has used any of these and you are still kicking,  let us know.  I would love to be proven wrong!
We drank my homemade Bloody Mary mix this week, for breakfast, with French toast. I made it a year ago, using everything from the homestead, including horseradish.  We didn't make them "high octane", so we could put in a full day.  Diane Devereaux, my preservation expert, has the recipe.  It's amazing. I know you get tired of my talking about her...Chef, Prepare, Gourmet canner...what a woman!
« Last post by Abigayle on March 27, 2024, 04:19:54 PM »
Tried Beyond Outdoor Meals this week.  We tried one Tuscan Sausage Pasta and one Orange Chicken.  They are on sale through My Patroit Supply.  Surveyor steered us toward them, with the long term honey wheat bread sale.  Right now, a packet of these is 9.95.  This makes a lunch for two
The sodium on the Tuscan sausage was 35% of daily recommended.  We TRY to avoid it, but understand, that unless I can it, we are victim to processed foods.    The orange chicken only had 19%, per servicing, which is good for long term freeze dried.  It was o.k.  as in average for storage food.  The Tuscan sausage was a nice change from other things we have tried.  We were spoiled by Mountain House, when you didn't have to get a second mortgage on the house, to lay it in.  I added 1/4 extra water, after reading the 5 star reviews.
There are new brands out there. We stumbled on this one when I ordered a NOVA radio and two head lights for downstairs.  The headlights (on sale), upon first introduction, appear to be really good.  They are comfortable, bright, and have a sensor turn on if you want it.
We are burning daylight, Pilgrims.  Time to prioritize what each of us is able to do, and get it done.  If you don't have your sugar, better grab it now. Remember white, raw, powdered and brown....Think of which you use and how you use them.  I wish I didn't   used them at all, but my grandmother turned me into a junkie, after going through the depression.  They called them "treats" not tooth decay or hyper-activity, ha!
Weapons - Firearms & Otherwise / Re: Gun rights debate weapons technology
« Last post by bountyhunter on March 23, 2024, 04:26:03 PM »
Good luck with that!!
Weapons - Firearms & Otherwise / Re: Gun rights debate weapons technology
« Last post by RWS on March 23, 2024, 03:37:26 PM »
[sizehttps://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/breaking-biden-regime-launches-federal-gun-grab-operation/=14pt]BREAKING: Biden Regime Launches Federal Gun-Grab Operation to “Keep Firearms Out of the Hands” of People Who “Pose a Threat to Others”[/size]

The Justice Department said the new program will allow medical professionals or “other groups” to petition a court to “temporarily prohibit” someone from purchasing or possessing firearms.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/breaking-biden-regime-launches-federal-gun-grab-operation/
I have this book in hard copy. Pretty decent little book. Well worth the $1.99.
Deals, Sales, and Coupons / The Prepper's Pantry Handbook - $1.99 on Kindle today
« Last post by aces on March 22, 2024, 12:08:32 PM »
Amazon Kindle has "The Prepper's Pantry Handbook" for $1.99 on sale today.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TFB6CZ2?_bbid=201991852&tag=bookbubemail1-20

It is also available on Barnes and Noble and Kobo ebooks as well.
Bugging out - Bags/Locations/Vehicles / Re: Sure Is Nice!
« Last post by RWS on March 19, 2024, 12:19:43 PM »
Yes.  At my BOL region 2 I plan to plant many of the things mentioned in this article.

https://prepperswill.com/a-few-perennials-you-need-to-plant-once-for-years-of-food/#Groundnut

I started my Ramp patch 2 years ago.  Ramps are mentioned in this article.  The article neglected to tell you that Ramps grow above 3000ft in elevation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal