Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Storage Food Reviews / Re: New board - Storage Food Reviews
« Last post by Abigayle on March 28, 2024, 10:42:56 AM »
Auguston Farms had onion flakes for around 50% off on Amazon yesterday.
Gardening/Farming / Re: Does Anyone Actually Believe This BS….
« Last post by Abigayle on March 28, 2024, 10:39:00 AM »
Leave it to the Gov. of Mich.  This is the same woman that shut down the outdoor garden centers (i.e. Walmart) during Covid. 
I made vanilla, using beans and booze a few years ago.  It lasts forever.  We don't need to find something that tastes "like" vanilla.  Well, the village has retained its idiot.  Anyone who believes this B.S. deserves to go hungry and should never  reproduce.
Recipes / Re: Scalloped Potatoes II (Food Storage)
« Last post by Abigayle on March 28, 2024, 09:56:40 AM »
Aces, this looks like a good one, and you would not have to rehydrate them for use first, thanks.  I would try adding a little powdered cheese to this one once in awhile for change, with a little increase in liquid.
These could be make in a solar over, or low campfire.  I am trying to find the best, really dry wood, to experiment with, that will produce the least smoke.  We have enough distance from any neighbor,  so food smell is not an issue.  A cast iron pot with lid should handle that.
Anyone out there with suggestions for Georgia wood that produces the least smoke?  I would hate to do all the cooking at night.
The above recipe mentions storing the dried ingredients ahead of time.  If you have a small mylar bag, or can make one from a larger used bag (iron to make seams). The mix would keep longer.  A little rosemary might be good, if you like it.
Recipes / Re: For New canners!!!
« Last post by Abigayle on March 28, 2024, 09:48:49 AM »
R.W.S.  I only use about four inches in my pressure canner.  These woman were using a water bath and the water didn't begin to cover the jars.  One only. cooked meals in a jar,  containing meat, for fifteen minutes.  One was pouring boiling water over fruit, two times,  then sealing.  She said it kept for a year.  This appeared to be low acid fruit, by the way. 
I will try to find the sale on Beyond.  If using the sausage one, add 1/4 more water to the bag.  Let it sit about 30 seconds longer.  I use a full boil pour.
I have been canning since 1999, but did some canning earlier, just simple stuff.
I was a city girl.  My mother taught me how to open very complicated department store boxes.  She did teach me to clean, no cooking, no baking, but man, that house was clean.
« Last post by RWS on March 28, 2024, 09:19:17 AM »
« Last post by Ravenwood1950 on March 28, 2024, 09:00:52 AM »
I must have missed the link to the Beyond the Outdoors?? Can someone direct me to it please?
Thanks
Ravenwood

Found it. 🙂
Gardening/Farming / Re: Does Anyone Actually Believe This BS….
« Last post by RWS on March 28, 2024, 08:28:21 AM »
Yep !  Your back yard garden is a problem !

General Prepping Discussion / Re: What are you prepping for ?
« Last post by RWS on March 28, 2024, 06:36:09 AM »
Are You Prepping to Be Replaced ??
It is bad enough the powers to be tried to kill you and you did not die or get seriously sick.
https://images.americanthinker.com/qp/qpsv67135lnubfpzaa4s_800.jpg
Storage Food Reviews / Re: New board - Storage Food Reviews
« Last post by RWS on March 27, 2024, 08:23:01 PM »
MyPatriotSupply still had a couple selections on sale so I picked up a couple.  Then BePreparred had a 72 hour selection with 8 packs so I got that on the way also.  They will be good while traveling this Summer to have on hand just in case.  If you have not noticed the resturant selection is getting less and less.  So many going belly up these days and my get home bag has a cook stove to heat water. 
« Last post by RWS on March 27, 2024, 06:27:56 PM »
I have a cart on BePrepared.com with the meals you mentioned (BeyondOutDoors) because I could not find them on MyPatriotSupply.com.  I looked again and found the sale.  These will be good to keep a couple in the truck,car and several in the camper.  I also used to use Mountain House Years & years & years ago when hiking the AT with my teen age sons.

Canning methods.  I most always use a pressure canner but never fill the water up over the jar tops.  I just take it up in PSI and hold.  It goes up a lot quicker with less water.  I have been doing this for over 40 years.  My wife uses the hot water boiler on fruit.  When I use the canner on pears or peaches they get all soft and squishy.  Then when the wife uses them in a pie, ect.  I get fussed at because they are soggy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal