Author Topic: Another business makes my list...  (Read 1780 times)

RevJammer

Another business makes my list...
« on: May 10, 2016, 07:52:32 PM »
Today the wife and I ate lunch in Chattanooga (which is where we spend most of our time/money).  We ate a a good burger place called The Urban Stack.  It is a "upper scale" burger place. 

Today I noticed a "No Firearms" sign on the door, on my way out I spoke respectfully with the General Manager (a nice guy who claimed he also was a concealed carry person) and informed him that we would not be able to return and why.  He too was very respectful and said that was the decision of the owner and not his decision.  He asked me to visit their website and make my feeling known.  Which I did, here is a copy of the message I sent.

--
My wife and I had a great lunch today at Urban Stack.  This was my third visit to your restaurant in the past couple of years.  The food has always been excellent and the service has been friendly and prompt.  I would visit more often but due to your location being tucked out of the way, I forget you are there.

Unfortunately, today will be my last visit to your establishment.  As I walked in today I noticed the "No Firearms" sign (hand gun in a red slash/circle) on your front door.  I am a law-abiding member of society and with the rampant violence in our city I take the safety of my family and myself very seriously.

I also respect your right as a private business to set your own policy.  In this case, however, our rights seem to be at an impasse.  I will not surrender my 2nd Amendment rights, nor will I shirk the duty of protecting those important to me, just to eat at your restaurant.

I will also make those in my circle of influence aware of your policy so that they will not violate your choice.  I hope you will re-evaluate this policy, as I'm sure you know; those who wish harm via their firearms will not pay any attention to your sign.  Thank you for providing a fine service to our city

--

Just a heads up in case any of you folks get up this way...

RJ

Nemo

Re: Another business makes my list...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 10:49:14 PM »
Be sure to copy/post their response.   

I have one of those complaints going on now myself.  I went to the NPSexpo.com for preppers at Richmond Int'l Raceway on Saturday.  See below.  I received an email from their security manager asking for my phone number as he wanted to speak with me directly about this.

I will keep all interested advised.

Nemo

NPS Expo/RIR Security/Firearm Possession Complaint

Greetings:

I attended the NPS Expo at the Richmond Va raceway earlier today.  As I do nearly always and in compliance with Virginia law, I was open carrying my sidearm.   As usual for me, I had checked for any firearm limits on the state law websites as well as the NPS Expo (NPSExpo.com) and Richmond International Raceway (RIR.com) websites.  I also carefully inspected the doors for signs as well as carefully looking for such on the roads and parking lots.  I found nothing.

The only thing related to firearms was on RIR.com and that was they were not permitted in the grandstands at a race.  This expo was certainly not in the grandstands and certainly not at a race.

As I was walking around and speaking with the vendors I was accosted by an elderly gentleman who demanded to know if my gun was loaded.  He was not in any uniform or wearing anything to indicate he was anything other than another attendee at the expo.    Intending to be completely cooperative I advised him that it was.  I asked him who he was and why he was asking.  He advised me that he was there on “Fire Watch” and the raceway did not permit loaded firearms on the premises.   Due to his lack of any identification type implements or attire I was a bit uncomfortable with complying with his statements and asked for a manager or someone higher up the chain of command.

He advised that he could call his lieutenant and I requested he do so.  Continuing to be as cooperative as possible I spoke with the lieutenant and he advised me that RIR did not permit loaded firearms on their property.  We also discussed the things I mentioned above regarding firearms at the show.

At one point he asked if I had a concealed weapon permit and I advised him I did not need one due to it being completely openly carried.  He stated he could not see it despite it being a S&W Model 5906 in a half pancake holster and not under any type of shirt or covering and in no way hidden from any type of common observation.  Apparently he was not looking or just not on the right side of me to notice it.

Please advise me as to what the policy of RIR is regarding firearms being fully in compliance with state law.  I will be awaiting your response.

Sincerely
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

stvr

• Global Chairman & Region 5 Leader
  • Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 11:53:20 PM »
Both very interesting posts, and I would be very interested in what replies if any you get. Rev, yours was very well written and really was to the point at hand. Criminals or those wishing to due harm to others will not obey the pretty sign. Sooner or later I hope that these business's start to realize that they are removing a larger and from all the data out there a growing group that will not be part of there customer base. Maybe the economics of the situation will make them see the errors of their ways. We are not the ones to fear.
stvr
USMC Retired - NRA Endowment Member

"There is no better friend... and no worse enemy than a United States Marine."

Nemo

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 09:19:02 AM »
and Cracker Barrel.  Go read the article.  It is in Dalton, Ga.  And then go read the response from where I put it up on another forum.  Response not from CB but the folks there and starter of that forum.  See post #7 over there.

Nemo

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/31912623/dalton-man-asked-to-leave-cracker-barrel-for-carrying-gun

http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/showthread.php?t=269507
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

Country Singer

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 05:40:10 PM »
There's an app for that! (Actually several, but here's two that I use)

This one has CCW Laws for every state:
http://rightapp.net/wp/ccw/

This one is a user updated listing of anti-2A businesses:
http://rightapp.net/wp/posted/

And here's a site along the same lines: http://friendorfoe.us/
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal