Author Topic: Annual Fall SEPN Fall Campout - September 23/24/25 @ Cedar Creek WMA  (Read 19649 times)

stvr

• Global Chairman & Region 5 Leader
  • Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Let it be know on this day that the SEPN Fall Camp Out is now on the schedule. All those that read this are here by invited. So come one, come all!!!
It will be a good time.

As always you are welcome to join us early, as the advance team and port a potties will arrive on 9-22 in the afternoon.

The planned events are as follows: (Some still need to be confirmed so there might be some minor changes that will posted as they are confirmed and updated)

Tentative List of Classes and Events:
Classes: 
Medical
Trapping/Wild Life Tracking - Trails

Events:
Tent Sale / Swap Meet; Bring you extra preps and swap them with others or sell them.
Auction; We will have several pretty cool items to auction off. The list of items will posted as the time gets closer.
Center Fire Rifle Shooting Competition; The event will be held at the range on both Friday and Saturday. We will be shooting bulls eye targets at 100 yards. Note that there is a range fee of $5 per day to shoot. The details are still being worked out but the overview is as follows.

You are shooting for score, not against anyone. Depending on how may participate will determine how many rounds will be held.
Each round or course of fire will be 5 rounds in 5 minutes. The best 50% of the scores will shoot again for a 2nd or 3rd round as needed.
The last 2 shooters will shoot 10 rounds in 5 minutes to see who wins.
The prizes are still being figured out. The will be a prize for both of the last 2 shooters. I think a CASH prize might be the way we are going but we are still discussing the details and need to know the interest in the event to make a final decision.

There will be a 2nd change round for those who want to try again.
The top 2 scores will shoot a final 10 round course of fire to compete again in the main event.
Then the top 3 shooters will shoot a 5 round course to decide the final 2 as shown above.

Remember this event is how we raise monies to pay for the web service and fees associated with running the network each year. No one on the leadership team gets paid, all our time and energy is donated to making this work. There will be a fee to camp out to cover the cost of the port a potties and the other fees associated with putting on the camp out. There are no charges for the classes, there will be a entrance fee for the shooting competition. These will all be posted well in advance as they are calculated out.

So please get this on your calendar and plan to join in on the fun and meet the everyone you chat with on the network. If you can only make it for a day that is fine also. We really do want a big turn out so everyone can get together and share some one on one time with each other.

More to come
stvr
USMC Retired - NRA Endowment Member

"There is no better friend... and no worse enemy than a United States Marine."

stvr

• Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
Re: Annual Fall SEPN Fall Campout - September 23/24/25 @ Cedar Creek WMA
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 02:24:26 PM »
Cedar Creek WMA Site Information:
We will have signs out to help you find it.

Directions - Driving
From Monticello: Take Hwy.16 east 3/4 mile; take right fork on Hwy. 212; go 12 miles to check station sign; follow arrow 0.5 mile to check station.

Latitude, Longitude: 33.240698, -83.507423

http://www.ohranger.com/ga/cedar-creek-wildlife-management-area (ed. Lilburner - corrected link)

Range Information:
Cedar Creek WMA Shooting Range, Bradley Rd SW, GA 31024

Where: Cedar Creek Wildlife Management Area (Region 4) County: Putnam County

Facilities: 100-yard range and 50-yard ranges

Hours: Thursday-Sunday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Closed if no range attendant is on site.  Phone: 478-825-6354

Other info/fees: Shooters must provide their own paper targets and target stand. Clothespins also can be used to affix targets to the existing fence.

Directions: From Monticello: Take Highway 212 southeast for 12.6 miles to Bradley Road. Turn right and go 1.4 miles to the shooting range.

From Eatonton: Go 0.2 mile southeast on N Jefferson St toward W Marion St. Continue onto Oak St. for 1.8 mile. Take Milledgeville Rd. 0.2 mile. Then go 8 miles on GA-44 W/Gray Rd. Turn right onto GA-212 W. Kinderhook Rd. and go 4.3 mi to Bradley Road. Turn left and go 1.4 miles to the shooting range.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:36:52 PM by Lilburner »
stvr

bountyhunter

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 03:05:22 PM »
Putnam County is not in Region 4.......sorry
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

stvr

• Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 05:42:38 PM »
It is as far as the GADNR is concerned. That is what was copied from the web site to help you find the location.
stvr

bountyhunter

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 05:43:41 PM »
I apologize then...but maybe you should have specified..
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

Blade

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 06:01:05 PM »
Not too sure about the link, I tried 3 times
It takes you to Cedar creek...in Arkansas.

Starlady

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 07:15:23 PM »
Yeah, Stvr, when you search for Cedar Creek, you have to specify Georgia because 6 other states have a Cedar Creek park!

But in the meantime folks, here's one:

http://www.exploregeorgia.org/listing/54329-cedar-creek-wildlife-management-area

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Lilburner

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 10:39:12 PM »
Not too sure about the link, I tried 3 times
It takes you to Cedar creek...in Arkansas.

I've put a corrected link in the top post. Thanks for pointing that out.

Oddly, I could only find an "official" link on the shooting range, so I used an Oh Ranger link.

The campsite is across from the check station on the aptly named "Checking Station Road". The entrance is a little subtle, but there should be a sign up by Thursday evening.

Google Map:

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:42:54 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

stvr

• Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 12:04:13 AM »
Thank you for making the corrections and updates. I appreciate the help.
stvr

BennyMG1

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 11:50:20 AM »
I haven't been to a campout in a couple of years. I am very much looking forward to this one. I hope to see some old friends and make plenty of new ones.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

stvr

• Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 01:37:30 PM »
I will say this for myself and I am sure a bunch of others out there. We are also looking forward to seeing you again. It has been a while. Those chit chats around the campfire at night should be well worth staying up for. Glad you are planning on making it.
stvr

Gunner

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 10:25:05 AM »
This will be going on my list of things to do !!!   Cant wait to be out at another campout... always a good time!
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

SiriusPatriot

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2016, 08:14:17 AM »
This would be our first campout. Can someone please tell.me an estimate of group fees? When/how we register and pay? In advance? When we get there? Thanks. Apologies if this is a second post. I don't think my first attempt went thru.

florida44

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2016, 08:37:21 AM »
not sure of the fees but they are minimal and someone will respond about that I am certain. Most show up Friday, some day trippers come on Saturday. A few of us will show up on Thursday.

We have had campers, tents, pop ups, debris huts, hammocks, etc so it is up to you how you want to camp.

Looking forward to meeting you.
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2016, 10:48:10 AM »
We usually charge around $15-20 per campsite to cover the cost for the porta potties for the weekend.
Ravenwood

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal