Author Topic: Review: $5 "Grade C" 30 cal ammo cans @ Truprep  (Read 1833 times)

Lilburner

Review: $5 "Grade C" 30 cal ammo cans @ Truprep
« on: July 09, 2016, 09:20:30 PM »
Maybe I have low expectations, but I'm super stoked with these. Definitely some flash rust on each one to varying degrees. A lot of that would probably wipe off with an oily rag. The insides and the seals look as good as any other grade. I opened each one I bought and looked inside first.

I picked up four today and I'm very happy with them - perfect for storing small amounts of ammo in a bunker, basement, truck, etc. Some "hobby calibers" I guess you'd call them, I didn't have enough really to store in .50 cal cans, so I got some of these. then I remembered I wanted .30 cal cans for batteries, too, so I'll have to go back and get some more.

Also got an "Aqua Pod Kit" - same basic thing as a Waterbob - a bladder to line your bathtub and fill with fresh water. I have two bathtubs so now I have one of each. Hopefully I'll never have to review them. It's kind of a catch 22 - I should probably test it, but I don't want a big wet plastic bladder collecting mold.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 11:06:59 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Nemo

Re: Review: $5 "Grade C" 30 cal ammo cans @ Truprep
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 11:04:48 PM »
I have seen what we called Grade B and occasionally A in worse condition than that.  Wish I were still there.  I would get about 25.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal