Author Topic: Blood clotting spray - any experience?  (Read 1588 times)

Lilburner

Blood clotting spray - any experience?
« on: September 08, 2018, 03:18:31 PM »
Was standing with aces at the prepper show talking to a vendor, and saw that he had blood clotting spray. I'd never heard of it before and the concept kind of blew me away. It was insanely expensive, though (I want to say $50) so I googled it.

Turns out - under $10

https://www.amazon.com/Medique-Products-22617-Clotting-3-Ounce/dp/B003HLLNAU

I'm assuming it's not as powerful as granules or a treated bandage for something like a bullet wound, but for anything that doesn't clot with initial compression, it seems like a no brainer.

Any of the medical people have any input, or anyone with field experience?

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

anngrant

Re: Blood clotting spray - any experience?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 06:00:54 AM »
It's perfect for the first aid kit. Personally, I am on blood thinners and have extremely fragile skin and the spray and it works well to stop blood and seal off the cut. .

Nemo

Re: Blood clotting spray - any experience?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 10:31:11 AM »
About a year ago my cardiologist stopped me with Plavix after 4 years on it, starting with 2 stents going in.  My blood is still way too thin.  Much more so than it was 10 years ago, but less than on the plavix. 

Methinks I must get a spray can and see how it goes.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal