Author Topic: Deer Season  (Read 3495 times)

bountyhunter

Deer Season
« on: October 25, 2016, 07:06:14 PM »
It is deer season now until January 2017. Everybody please be careful while in the field. Wear your orange vest and maintain muzzle control and be sure of your target and what is beyond in the event of a miss.
New law in effect this year if you kill a deer you must call DNR and get a confirmation number before you can take it to the processor. So make sure you fill out your tags with your confirmation number. I have seen the Game Warden at processors to make sure the tags are done correctly. No sense in getting a citation.
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

florida44

Re: Deer Season
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 02:22:12 AM »
all good reminders. Just one addition. You do not have to call. You fill out your normal paper harvest record then you can either call or use the new app to report. The app is pretty cool as it updates live info as folks report with county by county coverage of does/bucks and how they were taken whether bow, muzzle or rifle.
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

SS-Preppers

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 01:50:50 PM »
And a reminder for everyone while not in the woods..........keep an eye out as you drive.......I have seen 3 doe and 1 buck laying along the road since the season opened on Saturday...........it makes me sick to see that much wasted meat.........they are all on the move.

florida44

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 02:08:34 PM »
The rut is starting now and for next month in different areas they will be chasing the does so expect much more activity as you are driving for sure.
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

Wabbit

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 08:05:18 PM »
All fabulous pointers. 
I am ready for some deer sausage although I heard
 if you mixed it with pork, it's even more delicious.
I made some deer ziti last year which had great flavor but
the texture took a little while to overcome.
 Also, keep your eyes open for hinky spots
 - things that are odd.
 Remember the weapins cache found in Missouri or someplace last year?
"Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone is NOT out there to kill you. "  (Mel Gibson~Conspiracy Theory)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal