Author Topic: Re: Region? What Region am I in?  (Read 9320 times)

Country Singer

Re: Region? What Region am I in?
« on: July 21, 2015, 07:29:27 PM »
I've been talking to the Mississippi Preparedness Project folks and they're on board.  I'll discuss more in the Wednesday night meeting, but they have their own regional setup as well. 
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Lilburner

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 07:38:26 PM »
Sorry to do this to you, but I moved this off the Introduction area.

I'm trying to build some "forward facing" content - the actual permanent stuff that people will see - We need to pare down talking "about" the forum into a few more centralized areas.

I know it says these will be deleted - but more likely archived under an admin/mod section,

But it would be great if we get Mississippi on board - we can do their regions, too. For the time being until I get that kind of information, though, I'm just doing the other states as states, and we'll add the other stuff as it comes available.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Country Singer

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 07:43:42 PM »
Yeah, I noticed, lol.  I was in the process of editing and just posting up the Mississippi regions with a map when I got the "locked" message.

Anyway, here's their info:

Regions:

Alpha: Northwest
Bravo: Northeast
Charlie: West Central
Delta: East Central
Echo: Southwest
Foxtrot: Southeast

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:46:46 PM by Country Singer »
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Lilburner

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 07:51:34 PM »
Hmm - Are we going to have every state do whatever naming numbering system they want? Or standardize? I'll add it to the questions list for tomorrow.

Do they currently have a site? I'd like to see what they're doing.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Country Singer

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 07:52:42 PM »
Here's their site, but most of it is behind a log-in:  http://mspreparednessproject.ning.com/

Lilburner

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 08:02:30 PM »
Wow - they're really serious about vetting their membership. I might not make it!

I was doing fine until they got to the part about "Do you agree with Glenn Beck on..."

I haven't read the thing yet, but "agreeing with Glenn Beck" isn't really "a strong suit".

Looks like quite a well put together operation, though
~ Daniel Webster

Country Singer

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 08:13:18 PM »
Yeah, they're really rather well organized.  BTW, I'm up both in chat and on TS.  Figured that'd be easier than posting back and forth here.

Nemo

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 10:17:06 PM »
I just took a peek at their website.  From a post they made here.  I am impressed.  And with me, that takes alot.  Glad to have them here to share or contribute what they choose.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

Lilburner

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 10:51:33 PM »
Nevermind me - it's late.

If you saw my post saying I was going to delete all this, I'd already done that a long time ago from the informational post and spun it into this one.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal