Author Topic: Fun with Tractors  (Read 1406 times)

ProGeek

Fun with Tractors
« on: July 01, 2017, 11:06:47 AM »
So I had to call a guy out this week to fix my tractor that stopped running. To try to fix it myself, I drained the gas because it was old. I replaced the fuel filter. Replaced the battery because it was 3yrs old and the cables too. It would turn over but never start. The problem turned out to be the needle valve in the carb that was corroded and got stuck. After the guy cleaned the carb it fired right up. I had the carb rebuilt 2 years ago. Taking the carb apart risks ruining the gaskets. So now I need to keep a carb gasket and rebuild kit on hand. Just one more thing to keep track of. At least it's less trouble than keeping a horse. At least now I can bush hog between the rain drops. :)
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

HogJowlHomestead

Re: Fun with Tractors
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 06:12:09 PM »
I feel you brother my 36hp ford quit on me and ended up being a leak in the float chamber gasket. I got it running using a cut out from a military rubber gas glove and made the gasket out of it. Primative but it worked. I have since replaced it and orderd extras.

Nothing hurts my feelings more then my tractor not starting when i need it
Psalms 127:3-5

A_springfield

Re: Fun with Tractors
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 09:38:56 PM »
Run non ethanol gas.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal