Author Topic: Investing for the apocylypse  (Read 1655 times)

9mmMike

Investing for the apocylypse
« on: July 19, 2017, 11:06:52 AM »
A presentation I gave at one of our meetings.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Investing for the apocylypse
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 12:12:21 PM »
I wiil second your thirds assets.  1/3rd in gold or silver (not in a bank safe)  Banks will suddenly close and anything there you can kiss good by!  Cash is good only for the first couple of days, so if you have cash, spend it fast before people realize it is worthless....Stock up on things people will value when there is no electricity, no gasoline and no grocery stores.  Keep a spare wood stove under the hay stack in the barn.  Store canned goods in a root cellar just inside the woods tree line and camoflage the entrance.
 Ammunition for popular hunting rifles will become more valuable as time goes by.  Traps for small game will gain value.  Consider stocking a 2 man cross cut saw, ax, maul and wedges.  Wood will need to be cut to keep warm the very first winter.  Do you have a wood rack at your BOL?  It needs to be full.
  Cast iron cookware will become more valuable.  Rocket stoves may be worth stocking an extra one.
There are so many things.  How are you going to plow and plant a garden?  With a shovel?  Do you have one or two and a hoe?  Where are you going to get your seeds???
For me I also stock up on Solar panels, charge controllers and small inverters.  Batteries I am at a loss as they go bad so quickly.
 I should look into lithium as they appear to have a longer life.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:28:27 PM by RWS »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal