Author Topic: Doesn't Matter Which Army  (Read 1252 times)

Country Singer

Doesn't Matter Which Army
« on: August 06, 2017, 08:12:29 PM »
Junior enlisted personnel are the same everywhere.  I know, I used to be one. 

Also, not a tank, but an FV105 Sultan (Brit built command track).   

Somewhere in Belgium there's a company commander beating his head on his desk and a First Sergeant whose head is exploding.

“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Lilburner

Re: Doesn't Matter Which Army
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 09:09:42 PM »
I don't know anything about military protocols, but as a civilian I'm wondering if your task was to "deliver this piece of equipment to a location 50 miles from here" if it would be natural to stop for a bite. Not something you see, really, but it seems pretty organic to the uninformed.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Country Singer

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 10:22:48 PM »
For moving a tracked vehicle any long distance that doesn't involve combat the SOP is to load it on a lowboy trailer and haul it.  Saves wear and tear on the treads and it's more fuel efficient.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Lilburner

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 10:27:33 PM »
Well that makes sense.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal