Author Topic: Anyone ever try to procure WVO?  (Read 4332 times)

engineer3d

Re: Anyone ever try to procure WVO?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 08:51:11 PM »
Used motor oil would probably be easier to get in large quantities than waste veggie oil. Now all you have to do is put together a filter to clean it so it won't stop up the injectors. If it's hard to start on cold mornings, you can use either (Starting Fluid) or put gasoline on a rag and lay it across the air intake. The gas vapors going thru the air intake will fire it right up if the glow plugs don't heat the heads up enough.

Lilburner

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 09:33:55 PM »
I went and looked at another car today - a 95 E300D. It's too small for me, so it could never be a daily driver. The thing is it's got a $1000 WVO/SVO kit installed on it, and it was professionally installed for another $1000 - and the whole car is $900. Unfortunately, without it being a driver, only about half the kit parts are anything I could use, so to me it's $500 worth of parts on a $900 car.

But if anyone's interested in a WVO-ready car, there's one in Marietta.Or if you have an E300D you want to convert and have a WHOLE LOT of parts left over.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

engineer3d

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2017, 10:14:53 PM »
Lilburner,
Do you know if newer farm tractors will run on used motor oil/WVO? The older ones should since they
are all mechanical, but the newer ones may electronic sensors that won't let them. I wouldn't get there fast, but I'd get there.

Lilburner

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2017, 11:07:43 PM »
It's really on a per engine basis - having to do with the type of injection, etc.

The Mercedes OM607 is at the top of the heap, then some other MBs, VWs and Cummins and on down. It's something you need to research.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal