Author Topic: My first ever accidental/negligent discharge  (Read 6157 times)

Lilburner

Re: My first ever accidental/negligent discharge
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2015, 02:48:42 PM »
This is the first attachment described above. You should be able to click to see it full size if you can't make out the mars on the "unmarred" box

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2015, 03:18:13 PM »
I have an appointment with two lawyers next Thursday morning.

I talked to my lawyer and I thought it was just a case of he'd make a nasty phone call and shake loose a few hundred extra. He said that ti is problematic in that if they settle, they won't settle with legal fees, and that the only way to recover that is go balls deep and take it to court.

OK - I'm fine with that.

I've said over and over again. I'm not looking for a payday. But they HAVE to take responsibility for that. If I have to take the payday to get it, then oh well!!

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Nemo

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2015, 04:02:15 PM »
Yes but remember, its a gun so its bad and your fault. 

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

Son of a son of the south

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2015, 05:08:10 PM »
Sometimes the stupidity of people working with the public in customer "SERVICE" simply amazes me.

Now it gets ugly when it could all have been avoided

sheesh

soasots

Politicians are like diapers.  They need to be changed regularly.

Lilburner

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2015, 09:25:49 PM »
Welp - that was anti-climactic.

I went and sat with THREE lawyers yesterday - fortunately it's the firm doing all the estate/conservatorship/house/parent stuff so they gave me a free consultation. One guy had been doing civil litigation for 30 years.

The good news is that it's a slam dunk. The bad news is that it's completely worthless. Apparently lawsuits are linked to damages and even just to get their attention to make them change their policies and such it would have taken someone actually getting hurt - the system isn't in place to be proactive. I've probably said it before, but I'll say it again - I wasn't looking for a payday. If it took a huge suit to get their attention, I'd take compensation for my time, pay the lawyers, and give the rest to some sort of charity - whatever's closest to "The Juvenile Foundation for not getting your eye shot out". I was hoping that taking greed off the table as a motivator would help, but it doesn't. The upshot is even to start the proceedings would cost more than I would hope to get.

So I have to file in small claims for my windshield and that's it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 09:28:35 PM by Lilburner »
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal