Author Topic: The Farm  (Read 3250 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: The Farm
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2020, 11:50:04 AM »
My phone rang this morning around 11AM.  The guy that owns "the farm" called and said he & his family were out at the farm picking blackberries.  He wanted to know if he could stop by on the way home and drop off some blackberries as they did well.  (Lots of rain)  He stopped and handed off the bag of blackberries and I handed him a bag of blueberries and some zucchini squash.   I told him to turn around in the back yard and wait a minute that I had something else.  The wife wrapped up a loaf of chocolate zucchini bread for him.  It was still hot right out of the oven.
I told him I had his dad scheduled to come pick blueberries on Wednesday.  His dad had asked if he could bring the crew.  I told him to touch base with his dad and see if he could be part of the crew.

Abigayle

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2020, 04:53:32 PM »
R.W.S. I wish you were my neighbor!  We have some blueberries this year, but not enough for what I want to do.  I wanted to make jam and freeze cup bags, for home made blueberry muffins.  We may have enough to do that, but there won't be enough to nibble, or throw on cereal in the morning.
Our granddaughter, who weighs 98 lbs soaking wet, just ate half a loaf of the white bread I made today.  She polished off some strawberry jam and the honey raised here.  I still have about a lb. and will be getting more.  My zuchinni is on the counter waiting to become bread, and go into the freezer.  Granddaughter is shelling the peas she picked earlier.  I think she would rather be doing her nails. but she is enjoying picking her dinner.  She picked the broccoli this afternoon, to go with a home raised chicken, stuffing and cranberry sauce that I canned last year, when it was on sale.  The eggplants are forming.  This is early in the year for us, but we started early, covered and uncovered.  First big tomato yesterday, another will be ready tomorrow...lots of cherry tomatoes.
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2020, 05:07:45 PM »
We pick in the morning when it is cool and in the evening.  I can schedule you in, just send me a PM.  You are about an hour & a half away.  We don't pick by the quart, we pick by the gallon!  If you need help picking, bring a sibling.

Abigayle

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2020, 08:40:57 PM »
Thanks for the offer RWS. I actually have a friend down the road who has offered to let us pick.  Maybe once I start on ours I will feel that there are more available than I think there are.  Enjoy your night!
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal