Author Topic: New group - North Georgia Preparedness  (Read 4037 times)

joboomartin

New group - North Georgia Preparedness
« on: January 06, 2018, 10:15:14 PM »
There is a new group on the "Meet up boards called North Georgia Preparedness.

Their first meeting is a meet and greet at Pueblos on Dawsonville highway in Gainesville on Jan 15th.

Here is the link to this new group.

We are going and potentially do some recruiting/PR work for SPN.

If your interested come on out.

https://www.meetup.com/North-Georgia-Preparedness

Blade

Re: New group - North Georgia Preparedness
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 11:01:00 AM »
Sorry, but  I tried the whole Meetup.com thing.

Any good intention group soon gets over run with various #Resist, alternative life style, racist or sexist people.
Almost all groups get drawn off original topics into conservative "white privilege" bashing groups.

Region 2 tried a meetup group for a while. Left because of these problems.
After a quick look through that group, I think I'll pass.
Thanks, Blade

joboomartin

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 11:10:17 AM »
Blade, I agree Meetup has been hijacked by some $%^@&@&^s, Really hoping to meet some new people and let them know about this site.
Its really too bad because Meetup is structured really well and has widespread use.

Be safe up there Monday. Its gonna be an icy event for you all.

Blade

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 11:20:49 AM »
joboo, while I was surfing the forums this morning, I thought I would throw this one out.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/

You may want too take a look if you haven't before.
One of, if not the largest forum on prepping out there.

Lilburner

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 12:13:46 PM »
As it happens, I might be traveling in the area.

I don't think Meetup GROUPS have gone bad. I'm in two. There's no "infiltration" of resistance.

My understanding is that it's Meetup itself that went bad, forming resistance meetups. Many people (as I believe was the case in R2) chose to boycott the company as a message to them about their business practices.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 12:21:27 PM »

I go on there and always walk away after a few days.

My opinion - they're TOO big, with no sense of community or accountability. Everyone's an expert with no real vetting. I think there's as much bad information as good on most subjects.

"Signal to Noise Ratio" some people call it.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Country Singer

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 12:28:02 PM »
Take a look at the other groups that people attending the meetup are affiliated with.  Glancing at the people signed up for that one I see them attending these:

#Resist: Atlanta Event Organizer
#MediateAtlanta - Atlanta Buddhist Meditation Events
#Resist: Lawrenceville
Needles in a Haystack...Liberal Minds in North Atlanta
#Resist: Alpharetta
#Resist: Cumming
#Resist: Roswell
Alpharetta Metaphysical Minds
#Resist: Woodstock
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Country Singer

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 12:30:58 PM »

I go on there and always walk away after a few days.

My opinion - they're TOO big, with no sense of community or accountability. Everyone's an expert with no real vetting. I think there's as much bad information as good on most subjects.

"Signal to Noise Ratio" some people call it.

I go over there from time to time for the entertainment value.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Lilburner

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 12:45:59 PM »
Take a look at the other groups that people attending the meetup are affiliated with.

Ah I see what you're saying.

That's a little offputting.
~ Daniel Webster

joboomartin

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 02:25:50 PM »
You know I didn't even look at the groups that the other members belonged to. Its a little disconcerting.

Actually after digging on that site a bit more I found some co-workers because they used their real names and photos. Revelation that I need to be more careful with my online presence. I am sure not all of my leadership at work or aquaintences share my views (Politically, morally, ect).

Lilburner

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 02:45:27 PM »
That's a big part of online presence as far as I'm concerned. I have several "identities". They're all honest representations of myself. Just different names, mostly. This one is on prepper sites. I have a little more transparent incarnation for things like cars and radio. On Twitter I go so far as to use a different first name, city, and profession - people get credible death threats on Twitter. Facebook I mostly skip altogether.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 04:59:45 PM »
I finally sat down and looked at it. I didn't see someone with a binch of resist groups.

One - looks like a young girl, is a member of one, liberal something or other, and the TruPrep meetup which I've never seen her at.

If anything I'm more curious than ever - and only a minor detour to jump over 85 to 985 on my route that evening.

I think I'll check it out and report back - OPSEC in full effect of course.
~ Daniel Webster

joboomartin

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 05:39:50 PM »
L, there were 2 in Resist Atlanta earlier this week.

Now it looks like the group leaders have set up several meet up training classes.    @ $26 per person.

Lilburner

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 05:59:04 PM »
I saw that, too

Speaking of which - part of my curiosity is that I might know one of the organizers, who used to run a prepping meetup in town.
~ Daniel Webster

ProGeek

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 11:13:35 PM »
That's it. I'm starting a new meetup.  #Resist: Stupidity.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal