Author Topic: Craigslist: A pretty awesome prep vehicle and a history lesson.  (Read 1332 times)

Lilburner

Craigslist: A pretty awesome prep vehicle and a history lesson.
« on: January 07, 2018, 08:21:39 PM »
A 1992 turbo diesel Mitsubishi Jeep. Yes - Mitsubishi Jeep!

I've been a pretty big Jeep guy off and on. Some of you know I owned the yellow Jeep featured in the first two seasons of The Walking Dead.

And never in my life have I heard of Mitsubishi Jeep. Turns out, where here in America, the Jeep name was given to Kaiser, then on to Willy's, AMC, and Chrysler, it was given to Mitsubishi in Japan, and the same basic Jeep ran from from 1953 to 1998. It was made by their heavy equipment division to a higher standard than the automotive division.

This one, in blue Ridge has less than 60,000 miles on it. And get this. Mitsubishi dealers work on them. You can't get that from any Jeep/Mercedes swap.

Someone please buy this thing so it will stop haunting me. Oh, and then let me drive it.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/d/willys-jeep-cj3b-turbo-diesel/6427847389.html

« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 09:49:30 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

John Galt 1

Re: Craigslist: A pretty awesome prep vehicle and a history lesson.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 08:53:59 PM »
Looks like a solid vehicle but...
In the introduction the poster says it's a 1 owner vehicle, but then in the description the poster says "the previous owner".       

Here are some more for sale, many old listings.      http://www.ewillys.com/tag/mitsubishi/
http://autoweek.com/article/car-life/cant-wait-diesel-wrangler-your-turbocharged-oil-burning-jeep-already-here

Bottom line is I while I grew up in a Jeep I found that I was rarely using my CJ7 so I sold it a few years ago.      Old Jeeps are great fun on the trails but not so much for riding the twisty roads to a winery during a sunny Sunday afternoon (little lady likes a good wine tasting, I try to suggest wineries that brew a decent beer).      Guess I'm showing my age, now we run about in a 40 yr old 2 seat convertible.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 12:08:15 PM by John Galt 1 »
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

HogJowlHomestead

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 09:10:11 PM »
That is a neat jeep, I personally would like a Mahindra Thar, they are an authorized producer by jeep and most are diesel motors. They sell in india. Rumor has it they will alow import next year but i doubt it will be the CJ bodys and even worse chances on a diesel motor. Anyone who dosent know Mahindra is a tractor company and iv never had issues out of em.

Just traded my 04 2wd silverado for a 02 4x4 suburban, now i have room for the kids on our Overland trip next year on Georgia Traverse.
Psalms 127:3-5

Lilburner

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 01:51:48 PM »
Looks like a solid vehicle but...
In the introduction the poster says it's a 1 owner vehicle, but then in the description the poster says "the previous owner".       

I noticed that too, but chalked it up to the person selling it not really considering themselves an "owner" - a dealer, someone flipping it, or maybe an estate liquidation.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal