Author Topic: SEPN 2018 Spring Campout April 20-22 - Charlie Elliott WMA  (Read 12311 times)

YellowRose

Re: SEPN 2018 Spring Campout April 20-22 - Charlie Elliott WMA
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2018, 08:25:05 PM »
I am looking forward to it!

YellowRose

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2018, 08:40:39 AM »
Are there picnic tables there?

Starlady

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2018, 10:31:33 AM »
There's nothing but campsites there.  No water (except across the road), no electric, no fire pits, no tables.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Nemo

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2018, 08:45:28 PM »
Just relatively flat ground with knee high weeds/hay/grass and no big trees in the open area of a couple acres.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

florida44

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2018, 10:47:05 PM »
Hey Nemo!!!!

You might be confusing Charlie Elliott with Cedar Creek. Its still primitive but more wooded less open area. Takes creativity to get a camper in but we make it work. I like it better than Cedar Creek but that's just me
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

revckd

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2018, 10:41:32 AM »
I hate to say it but we cannot make it to the camp-out and we were looking sooo forward to it. I have a wedding on the 21st with the rehearsal on the 20th. :(

I so wanted to see the ones I know & meet some new people too. I also wanted to hit the seed exchange & check out some of the training and the auction but sadly it is not going to happen.

BTW - I have some 81mm ammo cans I want to donate for the auction. Is anyone from Region 7 going or passing through the area that could pick them up. I would be glad to meet up and I would fix them up for doing it too.

Let me know...
revckd
KM4PHQ

Bellatores et Venatores in Christo
A prudent person foresees danger ahead and takes precautions. ~ Proverbs 27:12

Country Singer

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2018, 11:07:43 AM »
Rev, I can do that for you.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2018, 06:36:13 AM »
I have a finger nail that is coming off.  I don't remember hitting it, but then I sometimes don't remember things two or three days after.  Anyway it looks like I will have to contend with a sore bloody finger tip at the camp out.  I may get use out of my first aid supplies in the camper. 
I ordered a new first aid kit a few days ago as there was a sale on.  It is supposed to arrive Thursday.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2018, 07:33:17 AM »
Monday the 16th.  My schedule calls for me to drain all the water out of the camper.  Then put in Clorox & water in and let stand for a while.  Then I drain & flush & refill in preps for a camping trip.  It is 40*F here this morning, so I am debating with myself about whether or not I want to do that today.  It will be warmer tomorrow. 

Country Singer

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2018, 05:32:14 PM »
Slept on the floor in my bedroom last night, testing out a new sleeping pad and lightweight sleeping bag.  I wasn't planning on it getting as chilly as it did and I didn't have the heat turned on, but I discovered that the bag is right at the edge for using at about 50o, which is what I estimate the temp in the house was last night.

Pad: Klymit Static V (got it off Woot several months ago for about $15 less than as listed on Amazon, IIRC)

Bag: Snugpak Jungle Bag (lightweight and compact, but not good down to 36o, at least not for me...I may spring for the extra liner)

My plan is to use these in the hammock this time.

“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2018, 07:56:11 AM »
Murphy has struck.  The camper has been parked in the back yard next to the house in antisipation of getting it ready for this camping trip.  Well I had to move it to mow the grass.  It would not start !  Not as big a disaster as it would be at Charlie Elliott.  I did not even get a start relay click.  I got the wife to watch the battery voltage on the monitor in the camper.  When I turned the key to start the voltage fell off to 11.2 to 11.6 back & forth.   I called around and found a battery and they told me I could come by anytime & they would put it in.  So I am planning on having that done Thursday afternoon and going to Charlie Elliott Thursday evening.

Starlady

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2018, 08:54:00 AM »
Murphy has been here, too.  The shower doesn't work - looks like bucket baths this weekend.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Lilburner

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2018, 12:25:58 PM »
I've been looking for the seemingly obligatory huge gotcha, and I'm afraid to say I haven't encountered it. The tag light on the trailer is busted, but hopefully I won't be driving in the dark. I'm going to drop it at the trailer place afterward and have it gone through - bearings, wiring, and chassis inspection, etc.

The prizes are all on board. Also I'll have pants this year.

For some reason, there's an extra folding table in the trailer. Maybe it will come in handy for the seed swap, prize table, auction table, etc.

I'm debating on throwing a pickle barrel in for the auction. Does anyone think they'd bid on a pickle barrel?
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2018, 12:39:37 PM »
Looks like a beautiful 70 degree weekend.

Early comers take note. It looks like a quick overnight dip to 40 in the Thursday/Friday overnight hours.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

florida44

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2018, 12:52:22 PM »
I would bid on the barrel

Starlady you know you can use my shower

I can not tell you exactly how glad I am that Lilburner will have pants!

Looking forward to it and it will be chilly but that means the bugs should be to a min and the campfire agoing!
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal