Author Topic: Depraved, Self Destructive People  (Read 1404 times)

engineer3d

Depraved, Self Destructive People
« on: February 07, 2018, 05:09:47 PM »
Years ago, I was told by a peace corp volunteer I knew, that the first thing they tried to do was to get clean water and basic sanitation for the people they were trying to help.

Some churches ship a well drilling rig to missionary areas to lower the infant mortality rate and increase the lifespan. They also teach digging a latrine to eliminate disease spreading mosquitoes and parasites.

You can't help a person or people who won't help themselves. These people don't get it b/c they are lazy, depraved, perverse, and refuse to change to enjoy a better lifestyle. You can lead a horse to water...

An eye opener on what the EU will probably evolve into soon.

Americans think it is a universal human instinct to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  It's not.  It seems natural to us because we live in a Bible-based Judeo-Christian culture.
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/01/what_i_learned_in_peace_corps_in_africa_trump_is_right.html#ixzz54XHvrZLh

Starlady

Re: Depraved, Self Destructive People
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 06:57:22 PM »
I think the point of the whole article was that their culture is soooooooooo much different from ours.  They aren't lazy, she says they do whatever it takes to take care of family, nothing else is important. 

I agree with her and Pres. Trump, though, if they want to come here they must live by our culture's laws, which means not crapping on the street.  Otherwise, stay back home.   

And France, well, eventually they'll be screaming once again for us to rescue them.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

SS-Preppers

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 07:21:15 PM »
My company has tried to do business in Africa.....I won't go into great detail, but its a very inexpensive product that around 80% of the population could use.  Yes, we did plan on making a profit, but it may as well have been charity at the margins we were planning on taking.  At the end of the day we did nothing but spend thousands and thousands of dollars without selling a single item.....you can't get anything into any of the countries without paying dozens of people off.  You have to pay a guy to pay all the other guys....after everyone gets paid and they finally agree to let you product through customs, you discover that all your product has somehow disappeared.  Their culture is to cheat you at every turn......we met with politicians and fairly high up Government Officials and they ALL lied to us, but sure as hell took our money....there countries are the way they are because they have no ethics.....it's a shame, but they all seem to buy into it.....it's honestly the worst of basic humanity I have ever seen.....it's like they don't even think what they are doing is wrong.....so, yes - I totally understand and agree with the article.....I reallt dont think it can or will ever be fixed.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 08:05:11 PM »
Sounds like Haiti !

aces

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 10:15:13 AM »
My friends who have served missions in Africa say you have to ship your shoes in separate packages.  You cannot send a pair of shoes through the mail (or carry them in your luggage) or they are guaranteed to disappear.  They also saw the bribery going on.

One of my friends from the Ivory Coast still encounters ethics issues with his fellow Africans in the States.
He refuses to work for them or provide paid services to them because they want to cheat him like
they are still in Africa.  He has built a business from NOTHING as refugee and cannot afford to
give out charity to those who can afford his services (he fixes things free for those who cannot afford it like disabled
vets and elderly widows.)

Regarding Haiti - it is a sad story and some of it their own making (and their corrupt leaders.)  But read up on where France made them buy their independence with interest by forcing them to repay all French investment in the country from the beginning which wasn't paid off until 1947 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/External_debt_of_Haiti

Can you imagine the British having done that to us?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal