Author Topic: A "secret" basement.  (Read 3158 times)

lets_prep

Re: A "secret" basement.
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2018, 12:14:33 AM »
I think I may have had a really good idea. Surely it's been done before, but I wouldn't know what to name it if it has.

I've been spitballing future plans for the BOL, almost all of which involve tearing down the mobile home that's there and building a home.

I'm a HUGE fan of basements, but it's not really a basement lot.

Then I got to thinking - surely there's a such thing as a basement that's just completely underground with no doors or windows. It would stick up a few feet and just look like a concrete block foundation.

It would be perfect for storing food and supplies and such, and allow for a smaller house.

Even better if there were no visible entry in the house. You see what I guess are basements like this in movies - I remember one specifically in Evil Dead 2, where you pull a ring handle in the floorboard and the stairs go down.

Anyone know if there's a name for that kind of thing? Like cellar vs basement? But the cellars I think of have those exterior doors at ground level.

We are having our crawl space cut deeper (to stand up height) but not finished off with concrete. It will have an exterior door at the back of the home though, no access from inside the house.
Region 7

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal