Author Topic: No more movies at Regal Cinemas for me  (Read 2639 times)

Country Singer

No more movies at Regal Cinemas for me
« on: August 24, 2015, 07:25:10 AM »
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Lilburner

Re: No more movies at Regal Cinemas for me
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 10:26:24 AM »
Don't want them to look in your purse?  ;)

The kind of weird irony is that I thought movie theaters reserved the right to search bags anyway, lest you bring in a candy bar or spaghetti dinner. I specifically remember going to movies and having my companion's bag searched - in one case by an off duty cop. And that was 30 years ago.

Which was somehow OK, but then they change the reason for the same policy and now it's not.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

tlwagg

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 11:06:31 AM »
Let's see, Hollywood is making movies I don't want to waste my time on, the movies and snacks are over priced and now they want to search me. I was only going to see 1 movie a year as it was I'll just wait and watch them at home.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Nemo

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 11:15:58 AM »
Let's see, Hollywood is making movies I don't want to waste my time on, the movies and snacks are over priced and now they want to search me. I was only going to see 1 movie a year as it was I'll just wait and watch them at home.

I was of this idea also.  But the new Star Wars is coming out in December.  I will be there.  Standard carry will be hidden but also an extra mag and probably bug with me.   Only way someone will take me out in a movie theater will be the same way I came into this world.  Note tagline below.

Wife is not a fan so she will not make a midnight showing. 

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

cavediverbob

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 04:52:29 PM »
I like the article's position on carrying on your person instead of a bag. Pretty soon the metal detectors will go up and people will have to dump their pockets. I'd personally like to see that happen. When it does people will avoid theaters altogether and their business will dry up.

Bob
When seconds matter, help is minutes away.
Kilo, Kilo, 4, Golf, Lima, Juliette

Nemo

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 08:56:49 PM »
I like the article's position on carrying on your person instead of a bag. Pretty soon the metal detectors will go up and people will have to dump their pockets. I'd personally like to see that happen. When it does people will avoid theaters altogether and their business will dry up.

Bob

I cannot disagree with you about that a bit.  But there is just something special about a good movie on the big screen.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

Lilburner

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 09:07:03 PM »
According to Second Amendment Check's Boycott list, almost ALL movie theaters are 2A fails

http://www.2acheck.com/the-boycott-list/

The notable exception happens to be my favorite - Studio Movie Grill.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal