Author Topic: Do home propane tanks expire? What else is there to know?  (Read 3530 times)

Asia_Off_Grid

Dated Reply To: Do home propane tanks expire? What else is there to know?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2018, 02:29:34 AM »
I realize this is a dated reply. But, I still wanted to reply to it.

I abandoned this I think the day I posted it.

Why? I think it would have been a great idea, especially since you have a dual fuel generator.

But I couldn't make it work. Very frustrating.

Have a look at the following YouTube video. LDSPrepper, whom I have been following for ages, move from his former home, to Idaho. He purchased 2 - 1000 gallons LPG tanks and put them in the ground.

Paul

Lilburner

Re: Do home propane tanks expire? What else is there to know?
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2018, 09:00:49 PM »
The problem came not in moving tanks, but moving a FULL tank, which is illegal and for pretty good reason. The loops for picking them up are even designed to fail if you try to pick them up full.

If it had been a local haul, I could have charmed a company to empty and refill it for a fee and the promise of future business. But none of the service companies serviced the pickup and destination locations.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 11:45:15 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Asia_Off_Grid

Re: Do home propane tanks expire? What else is there to know?
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2018, 06:07:02 AM »
The problem came not in moving tanks, but moving a FULL tank...

Ahhh, I see, said the blind man. I missed that part. But, I still say, you should go with LPG, if possible. I am about to buy some larger tanks to bring here to the farm. I will start out with large enough tanks to store a one-year's supply on the property. I can buy more later, if it works out as I hope it will.
Paul

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal