Author Topic: Cots for slide sleepers and big and tall  (Read 1603 times)

aces

Cots for slide sleepers and big and tall
« on: May 07, 2018, 02:22:30 PM »
Long time no post due to work and family issues. 

I am sorry I had to miss the campout, and I have been thinking about a decent cot if I cannot sleep in my reclining SUV seats due to back issues.
I read this list on the weekend recommending them for side-sleepers.

I am tempted to buy the first model, the "Teton", since I am an "Amazon", and the brand name is meaningful to me as Wyoming native.
Would like to know if anyone else has any input on other models as well.

https://www.aboblist.com/best-camping-cot-for-side-sleepers/

HogJowlHomestead

Re: Cots for slide sleepers and big and tall
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 05:16:34 AM »
I have the coleman 80, i wouldent consider it light. Not as compared to the aluminum cots used in the military. It is rugged though, and has plenty of room for a small frame guy like me 155 pounds.
Psalms 127:3-5

aces

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 12:46:12 PM »
Thanks to previous poster.  The weight of the cot is a consideration unless it is not rated for much weight like many cots made with wood.

elandil

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 06:57:28 PM »
My back problems is the whole reason I ended up trying out Hammock camping. you can get hammocks that hold up to 500#, weigh in less than 1#, and give you many sleeping options. I was skeptical at first, but once I tried it, I was hooked. If I'm sleeping outdoors now, it's my main choice.
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

aces

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 08:11:30 PM »
Thanks, I thought about that too to avoid crawlies. However I have  reservations about my lack of grace dumping me out.  My submariner cousin also swore by them and about them. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal