Author Topic: Wish.com - very confusing, but interesting gun parts.  (Read 2179 times)

Lilburner

Wish.com - very confusing, but interesting gun parts.
« on: May 23, 2018, 11:19:15 PM »
There's an AR stock I've been wanting for an AR10 build in which I'm trying to get the recoil down to .223 levels as an experiment. It's by Fab Defense and looks promising - called the GL Shock. It's a recoil-absorbing stock. with a spring loaded inside. $100+ with cheek riser. I have a $50 Optics Planet gift card and was just about to order it when I googled the model number and came up on something called wish.com selling it for $21 with $5 shipping!

I googled around, and apparently it's a real place and on the level, but a bunch (all?) of the stuff is Chinese.

There are some obvious ripooffs in there - Leupold for $45 - no way. (OK - I ordered a fake Leupold for my CMR-30 because it's just a range toy)

But Fab Defense is kind of a nobody - why would they be ripping them off? Best I can tell is maybe the original stock is made in China, and the manufacturer is undercutting the rights holder by selling them on the down low. Anyway - whatever - not much to lose.

But this part is SUPER WEIRD. I signed up, started an order, tried to use a coupon code, and it said I had to use the mobile app. So I got the mobile app, logged inl there was my cart, but all the prices were different, the shipping was different. I entered the promo code and the price dropped. I refreshed my browser, and it honored the coupon it said it wasn't going to honor - but for a different amount! I wound up ordereing on the website for $4 less than the phone app. It's full-on crazy.

They have a LOT of gun parts.

Lots of fun stuff if say you were doing a theme build

They have a lot of these kind of thing, which are intriguing. They call them muzzle brakes, bot they're outrageously huge - like it would be illegal to slip them in some sort of tube.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 01:44:03 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal