Author Topic: My first tractor implement.  (Read 1205 times)

Lilburner

My first tractor implement.
« on: June 18, 2018, 06:14:52 PM »
I feel like my first day at school.

It's a box blade to grade the road so I won't get whiplash every time I come up here. Plus I'll be everyone's favorite neighbor.

Speaking of neighbors. I'm at the end of a muddy dirt road off a dusty gravel road... And everyone has a black truck. What are the odds. Oh well. I like my nasty truck. 😂

It works, too. I leveled out a pothole before starting to pack up for home.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

John Galt 1

Re: My first tractor implement.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 09:01:55 AM »
The neighbors and I maintain a few miles of gravel road so we all keep a blade on the back of our tractors,       Some of the blades can be tilted which allows a person to cut a ditch with it.        But it still takes a lot of #4, #5, and "crush end run" gravel.      I prefer #5 and only use #4 on just cut road.      Crush end run washes too fast in my opinion but costs a lot less.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

aces

Re: My first tractor implement.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 02:49:59 PM »
Lilburner,

A clean truck is for city boys. 

Country folk know that a truck that is used and lives on a dirt road will not be clean all the time.

I grew up on a gravel road.  We washed the vehicles once a month (occasionally it had to be done immediately after a muddy trip like up the canyon too.)
The rest of the time, we just kept in mind the neighbors all had dusty vehicles too.

It's like the road to the EAA building at Briscoe Field - if you don't have the pass to get through the "regular" gate, it's going to be your city car muddy if it's been raining like it has been.
That's not what's keeping me from going (my job is), but then I have to hit a car wash the next morning.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal